Chapter 1

WE ARE NOW IN SAVANNAH. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE SUDDEN DELAY, BUT THERE IS CURRENTLY PROBLEMS WITH THE LANDING. PLEASE WAIT FOR A FEW MORE MINUTES. WE THANK YOU ALL FOR UNDERSTANDING.

—Seriously, a delay again? Is this some kind of prevention for me to step foot in Savannah?

“Sol, let’s get ready.” Zen tapped me on my shoulder, handing me a folder.

“What's this?” I asked, opening the folder.

“Some lines you have to memorize by tonight. The shooting’s going to start two days from now. It’ll take a few days, but you’ll be able to go to your new school after.” She informed, slinging her bag around her.

“Alright.” I hummed, standing up and stuffing all my things inside my small back pack.

“I can’t wait to leave Savannah.”

~

“Guess what? You have some free time to roam around. Just wear a mask so you won’t be recognized, get back by three.” Before i could protest, Zen had already pushed me out the motel room.

“Jeez. . . ” I sighed, pulling my phone out before searching for some fun and creepy houses to visit.

“Sorrel Weed House? It’s a bit far, but i guess it could work.” I stuffed it back in, taking the stairs and taking a cab.

The closer i got to the house, the louder these phantom noises grew.

For some unknown reason, i’ve been hearing these noises for a long time now. They supposed to have stopped, but would come back every now and then.

However, to think that after a year of no noise, it would come back. Here in Savannah of all places.

‘ It’s probably just because of stress.’ I shrugged the noises off, paying the cab as i got out.

Luckily, there were some teenagers outside with a black haired woman who had short hair with them.

I overheard their conversation thanks to my hearing, and wasted no time in asking to join.

“Can i come, too?” I draped an arm over her shoulders, grinning inside my mask.

“And you are. . .?” The woman asked, her face visibly confused.

“Just a normal tourist. I’ll pay your 5-dollar-fee.” I gave her a wink, and she just nodded with an awkward smile.

‘ There’s something fishy over here. The sounds are excruciatingly loud, this woman’s fidgeting so much, her breathing and heartbeat’s a bit too fast for my liking.’ I analyzed, observing her from behind.

‘ She’s definitely hiding something important.’

~

“Get away from there, ginger head!” I yelled, trying to pull her away from the black looking shit behind her.

Guess i was too late since she already stumbled back and fell to the ground, the creature disappearing as well.

“What was that?” I mumbled, walking towards her.

“Are you okay?” I asked, observing her expression.

Other than fear and confusion, i saw nothing else. Then i noticed her arm from earlier.

“Didn’t it grab you? Why aren’t there wounds?” I questioned, curious as to what happened and how could’ve that happened.

Still, this is disturbing. I’m outta here, you guys should scram, too. I have a bad feeling about this happening.”