Chapter 7 - New Secret

The first 3 periods went fine for Lottie and Hannah. Lottie had History, English and R.S and it only occurred to her in maths (4th period) that she still hadn't got the chance to tell her friends that she wasn't from another country. She couldn't help wondering that when she tried to say she was from Cornwall, Anastacia and Lola would bring up her and Hannah being a "Princess."
"Lottie. Would you care to stop daydreaming and solve the equation on the board?" It was only the first day and she already had her Maths teacher annoyed at her.
Lottie froze and stared at Ellie to see if she could help but she wasn't able to. The class ended and Lottie left with a, "Lottie Pumpkin for extra homework as her mind has too much wasted space."
Atleast it was lunchtime. Lottie decided to hide from her friends and sit alone where a table was in the garden. Now her friends couldn't confront her about being a princess.
"Lottie! We've been looking everywhere for you!"

_________________________________________

Hannah did really well in Performing Arts: Everyone thought she was a professional actress (Though it was an exaggeration). The task was to create a scene with 3-4 people, with the sentence, "I can't believe you did that!" She got together wth 3 other people, Avery, Luke and Elliott; Aimee wasn't in her class for Performing Arts. But Luke was Avery's Partizan and had to make sure she was safe every 5 minutes so we didn't get much done. The teacher just praised us for it and said,"This is the definition of 'Quality over Quantity.'" Hannah thought Luke was just overprotective.
Geography and Biology were boring. For some reason, the people next to her in Biology hadn't given in their phones and they got caught. Hannah didn't mean to but she eavesdropped. Apparently they had a detention after school for an hour everyday until Wednesday. She was glad she handed her phone in.
No more toxic notifications.
She sat with Aimee, Avery, Elliott and Luke at lunch. Lottie still wasn't seen by Hannah.
"Are you guys new here too?" Aimee asked.
"Avery and I joined last year."
"I'm new."
"Hannah?" Hannah was getting worried. Hannah hadn't seen Lottie all day.
"Yeah? Oh, yeah I'm new too."
"Your head's really up in space. Could you tell me if the moon is really made of cheese?" Aimee teased.
"Really, Aimee? Anyways, I'd stay with you guys for the rest of lunch but I have some.. homework to do."
"On the first day?" Luke was shocked - He hadn't got any homework.
"Yes. See you!"
Hannah was wondering if you could go somewhere else to get food because Lottie didn't seem to have breakfast or lunch. She tried to think of places she would be. The library, the English classrooms, the garden..
She searched all of those places and, finally, in the garden she found Lottie with Anastacia, Saskia, Raphael, Lola and Micky before she could've got lost again.
"How come you're here and not the cafeteria, Lottie?" Hannah queried.
"Hannah! We just got here too. We were looking for Lottie. We got you two a strawberry shortcake each by the way," Lola offered.
"How did you know strawberries were our favourite?" Lottie asked, surprised.
"We know everything about you two!" As he said that, Raphael winced. Probably because Anastacia had kicked him under the table.
"Oh! Uhm..OK.." Hannah found that a little weird.
Lottie decided that after what she overheard, she could get one of them to say their "Secret", then Lottie could say they weren't princesses.
"All this new food is so exciting. And the uniforms are much fancier than what we normally wear. I wish my life was always like this.." Lottie saw Lola biting her lip.
"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" Hannah was very confused.
"We know that you two are the undercover Princesses of Maradova and we know you're pretending to be someone else and we promise we haven't told anyone and it's only us and Binah and we won't tell a soul!"
"Lola!" Anastacia shouted out.
Hannah had no idea what Lottie had done, "I'm sorry, what?"
"You don't need to keep pretending, Hannah. We already know," Raphael rolled his eyes.
"We're not princesses. I'm not sure what Lottie has said but our last name really is Pumpkin."
Anastacia chuckled, "You two are the worst liars. I mean, who has such ridiculous names as Pumpkin? It's obvious. You look exactly like your mother and Lottie already let it slip that you're from a different country."
Raphael continued, "If you want to keep your identitys secret, you guys really need our help."
"But I am really Hannah Pumpkin. And she's Lottie Pumpkin."
This only caused everyone to laugh.
Hannah was mad at Lottie that she had got her into this mess but no matter what they said they didn't believe them. All because Lottie had said they were from a different country. Now they had a secret they had to keep because they weren't princesses. They could only hope they would keep their promise of not to telling anyone.