Chapter-1: I Save Two Teen Boys

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I Save Two Teen Boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelie's POV:

As I walked through the streets following my Special Talent earnestly, I noticed that we were headed to a popular haunted Lane of London, the Brick Lane. People used to say that some ghosts there were so attached to the dreadful place, that they never intended to leave, even when their Sources were removed and burnt in the Fittes furnaces. I never believed such stories, since I was a very rational person and I never believed anything that didn't have a reason behind it, let alone the great deal of research. People called me a nerd, although I preferred myself calling 'a rational believer' or 'a devoted researcher'.

As I followed my Special Talent, that was making my head throb by its psychic pressure, through my Psychic Talent, Listening, I heard some voices shouting and yelling god knows what. Did I mention that, although I was nearly sixteen now, I knew none of the swear words and insults that even a ten-year-old kid would? Yes, I was weird. Weirder in ways you'll know soon enough.

I guessed that the shouts were insults being yelled at each other.... in the middle of the night. No ghosts had this ability to talk to each other, other than the supposedly existing Type-Threes, that only Marissa Fittes confirmed. There were no Type-Threes in Brick Lane, as an Analysis Report of each Lane was submitted to Penelope Fittes, and as I've had a good look at it, I could confirm that there was no Type-Three here. That only meant that these sounds were of the... living.

My Special Talent started throbbing even more inside my head, and I understood that it wanted me to follow those yells. The Special Talent took its lead on my body when I rejected the idea of entering a ghost hunt just when I'd escaped and run away from Fittes. I groaned as my body started moving on its own and took me to the site of the angry and frustrated yells, that were of two young boys, atleast that's what I guessed. I was psychic other that being Psychically Talented, which meant that my instincts were almost always right.

I soon arrived at a graveyard, that only belonged to the Brick Lane. The doors of the graveyard opened automatically in front of me, as I made my way through them. It was all my Special Talent's doing. I felt frustrated to be controlled like this, but I did want to know more about my precious Special Talent. Most of all, I wanted to confirm whether it was a curse or a blessing.

As I reached the place where the yells were noticeably too loud, I found myself looking at two young teenagers running around madly to save their lives from nine Gallows Wraiths and two Lurkers, there was also one Shade creeping out of the trees. Wow! They were truly brilliant agents. They weren't wearing any uniform which made me wonder which agency they belonged to. They were clearly agents, as no sane person would ever dare to enter the Brick Lane, one of the most haunted places in London.