What if the purge never began?

-NARRATOR-

In the jedi council chambers, the members of the council receives news from injured Anakin Skywalker about his entanglements with Padme Amidala on the planet Batuu, when they encountered the chiss named Thrawn. The news is: He planted a tracking device on the Chiss's ship for future discovery in the sentient beings of unknown regions, and he told the rest of his adventures and the chiss's thoughts about the clone troopers to the council members. During the afternoon time, the council members have been summoned together to discuss about the news that has been presented.

*DIALOGUE*

Yoda: The chiss has been rumors, throughout our known part of the galaxy. Know more about them, we do not.

Mace Windu: This can be an oppurtunity of discovery. If what the chiss said was true, then an alliance is worth a shot, at least to find out the true mystery behind the clones.

Depa Billaba: I agree on my master, we cannot fully put our trust heavily on these clones. Their purpose might be to aid us in this war, but there might be more to their creation.

Aayla Secura: I concur with the thought.

Yoda: But too risky, is this not?

Mace Windu: Master Yoda, since when have risk haven't been part of our lives?

Ki-Adi Mundi: I concur as well. This is indeed worth a chance, something beneficial can come out of it.

-NARRATOR-

The jedi masters had a moment of silence for each to think of Windu's plan. The silence was finally broken by master Plo-Koon.

*DIALOGUE*

Adi Gallia: We must not underestimate the clones, there might be someone else behind all this. Perhaps even a Sithlord.

Plo-Koon: The chiss can be a valuable ally to our cause. This can be the first step into uniting with that part of galaxy.

Yoda: Very well, concur I do. Do you have a plan proposal for this mission, master Windu?

Mace Windu: I'll take my former padawan with me, we'll bring our clone corps too. We will come as representatives of the jedi, to engage in a treaty agreement.

Yoda: Very well, may the force be with you both. This meeting is dismissed.

-NARRATOR-

The jedi masters briefed their clone commanders of the mission and they boarded the republic war cruiser together. Once Mace and Depa arrived on the bridge, they feel a surge of emotion, though the feeling is more personal rather than a signal from the Force. They smiled toward one another, but Depa spoke first.

*DIALOGUE*

Depa Billaba: Just like old times, right master?

Mace Windu: Just like old times indeed. I've missed this Depa, I miss our activities, all the things we've been through. The Force has brought us together again, and I'm grateful for it.

Depa Billaba: Indeed, my old master. But at some part, I wanted this as well. hahaha. I've never wanted us to be cut apart, if it's possible, I want us to remain together always.

Mace Windu: if it's possible, I would have wanted the same. I'll be sure to make that happen, right after this mission.

Depa Billaba: You promise?

Mace Windu: Count on it.

-NARRATOR-

As the cruiser surged through hyperspace, Mace and Depa meditated together crossed legged on the floor in their quarters. They sensed the Force, so far they don't sense any impending danger. But they sensed something more, more personal instead.