4. So It Begins

Tuesday, September 5

Bluey woke up as rain was softly falling outside. She begrudgingly got out out of bed and then sauntered to the bathroom. She brushed her fur as she looked in the mirror. She noticed a small scratch on her neck but she thought nothing of it and continued brushing her fur until she was satisfied with it. She brushed her teeth quickly, noticing that her bus would arrive in just under ten minutes. She spat in the sink and then rinsed her mouth before running downstairs to get something to eat, missing half the steps on the stairs. She picked up the same package of raspberries from yesterday and she popped a few in her mouth before grabbing her bag and rushing out the door, leaving the package on the counter. 

The rain pounded on her fur. Each drop on her nose feeling sharp due to how hard it was coming down. As she approached her stop she checked her watch while hiding under a tree. She was nearly six minutes early. 

Each minute felt longer than the last, each drop of rain falling on her feeling cold and knife-like. She endured it until she caught glance of Judo walking with her Mum's umbrella. She approached Bluey, inviting her under the umbrella. "Thanks for the shelter" Bluey told her. "No problem, anyways about today, Coco said she was planning something big while Honey is distracted with Snickers. She told me she plans to try and catch you guys one by one, except Jack. I seen her boop him on the nose yesterday at the end of the day, keep an eye out." The Chow Chow informed her." Bluey nodded and took a step closer to the bus sign as she seen it approaching. Judo unfolded her umbrella and they both stepped on when the door opened. 

Bluey and Judo both took their seats, Judo sitting alone and Bluey also sitting alone, waiting for Honey to arrive and sit next to her. 

She stared blankly out the window, praying that nothing would go wrong and everything would turn out to be alright. 

As the bus pulled into Honey's stop Bluey scooted over closer to the window. She watched Honey get on, scan her bus pass and then walk down the bus aisle before sitting down beside the nervous Blue Heeler. 

"Honey, there's something you need to know" Bluey told her in a serious tone. Honey was a bit alarmed by her seriousness but nodded her head to show that she was ready to hear it. After Bluey watched her nod her head she slow,y began to speak, "Today at lunch, I need you to talk to Snickers." Bluey informed her. Honey was a bit sceptical about her response. "Why?" Honey responded. "He likes you apparently but I know you're dating Brodie so, just let him down gently, we don't want a situation like Jean-Luc had." Bluey told her. "Ok, first of all, how do you know that Snickers likes me? Second of all, what's going on, you seem nervous about something." The Beagle asked. "Ok so, Judo gave me this note yesterday, just read it.". Bluey unzipped her backpack and took out the note, then she gave it to Honey. She read the note carefully. "Are you sure you can trust this?" She said. "I think we have to" The Blue Heeler told her nervously. "Alright, I'll do it then". She passed the note pack to Bluey who then put the note back in her backpack. "Hopefully we're making the right decision" Bluey mumbled to herself.

At Lunch

Bluey, Honey, Mackenzie, Rusty, Jack and Brodie were all walking to the park so Honey could talk to Snickers. Brodie of course was feeling a bit jealous though and was in a bit of a bad mood. The group stayed behind as Honey walked forward towards Snickers. Snickers smiled as he seen her walking towards him. 

Out of nowhere Coco grabbed Jack by the arm and dragged him away from the group. Listen Russel, if you follow my orders your friends live and more importantly your little boyfriend over there lives. So listen, find out what Bluey's up to and everything will be fine. Don't, and it's the end of the line." The Poodle commanded as Jack tried to squirm free from her grip. Coco yanked him forward and poked at the spot on his nose. She knew it annoyed him to no end. She chuckled a little bit and Jack tried to restrain his anger. Coco released him and he tugged away from her. He fell down hard on the pavement and hit his shoulder on the wall that was behind him. "Ow!" He winced as he rubbed his shoulder. He picked himself up and dusted himself off and walked back to the group, standing behind everyone so they hopefully wouldn't notice his absence.