Born ready

Smriti's POV
I am currently laying in my lounge room sofa. I was expected to join the team today but here i am laying like a complete mess. I cant feel a single emotion its like im numb to any sort of feelings.
Suddenly someone rang the door bell, i am a va not expecting anyone so who could it be. Someone was getting impatient as they rung the bell continuously. I went to open the door and flung it open to see Jemi waiting impatiently.
She did not even wait for a second and barged inside the apartment with me trailing behind her.
"Why are u so anxious dude." I asked
" Anxious huh do u even have any idea how worried I was when i called u multiple times and u didn't answered it and reaching here i am seeing u had great time like wow two empty beer bottle at 10 am like seriously have u lost ur mind and u don't even look drunk do u do it often to have such high alcohol tolerance. Today u were supposed to reach the team camp and here u are drinking like no tomorrow." She replied
"Chill Jemi dont be a spoilsport you know i dont drink regularly maybe when im in stress, come join me it feel nice to have company sometimes u know and i may not say it but im thankful for having a person like u who does not stop trying even when i push u away. I really appreciate u and will always have ur back no matter what. (Jemi got emotional listening to it)
Oh god u are not supposed to know it why am i blabbering shit, its definitely effects of alcohol."( sighs in frustration)
Jemi "i know Smriti that u are a person with good heart then why do u pretend to behave cold towards everyone and never try to mingle with others." I didn't replied to her question. She continued then
"I have known u for so many years and have noticed that this day is the day u become mess. If u are at home u never answer no matter how important it is & when u are with the team for tour or something u are more cold towards others and it looks like someone sucked the life out of u and u look like a walking corpse. So that was the reason i wanted to check if ur fine or not"
"Damn dude I didn't knew u observe that much & dont worry about me im fine its just the day i wanted to erase from my life so badly but i just cant.(sarcastic chuckle) You know this day used to be the best day of my life now look its worst day how fast the night changes"
Suddenly Jemi hugs me which made me blank for a second then I recovered and hugged her back.

God shes so clingy but shes the little sister i never had(tiny smile)You want to be there for me right

God shes so clingy but shes the little sister i never had(tiny smile)You want to be there for me right. But i will not let you know my secrets cause it will only harm you. I cannot be protected because i don't want to be protected but i will always protect u from any harm that comes your way thats my promise little birdy ( she promised herself)

In evening
The RCB's manager called and informed me about little incident that happened in the morning. I have heard about Perry a lot , its my first time playing with her rather than being opposition & im really looking forward to see what the greatest player of our era is really like.
Suddenly i received call and smile automatically formed on my face as it was my best friend and only person who knows me in and out The Virat Kohli for the world but for me My Chubby Cheeks

" Hey there Boss Lady how are u" he asked me ( boss lady is my nickname because he says i am bossy around him)

"Im good my chubby cheeks how are nushkie and vamu doing" i asked

"Wow like seriously i called you & instead of asking me how am I you are asking for nushkie and vamu thats mean you know" he replied

"Aww cheeks dont pout please u look funny doing it" i said

" the are fine and Vamu was asking when her BFF would meet her & also told me to inform u that shes angry with you and will not answer your calls until and unless you wont come and meet her" he informed

"Then tell her that her bFF would to meet her really soon and will bring many surprises and will spend entire time with her"

"Oh i will, now tell me honestly are you fine i am sry I could not be there for you this time due to hectic schedule but you can talk to me you know that right anytime anywhere" he asked

"Im doing fine i guess but you know i will overcome it like every other times i did so dont worry about me and i know you'll be always there for me and i was not alone in morning Jemi came to check upon me as she knew this day has some painful memories. So yea shes good kid i would do anything to protect her"

"Thank god someone was there for you at the time you needed someone and dont worry from tomorrow start your first season with RCB in bestest way ok all the best my boss lady cum Captain Saab."

Laughing and replaying "Thanku chubby cheeks for this i really was in need of such conversation bye"

From tomorrow its new responsibility and i will give my 100 percent.