The New Neighbour

7:00 AM

Edd wakes up from his slumber after a fun night of watching the sixth installment of 'Return Of The Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell' with his mates. It was quite intriguing to watch, but not as exciting as the third installment, his personal favorite.

As he turned off the alarm, his cat Ringo also partook in waking him up, meowing to gain his affection.

"Morning, Ringo..." Edd greeted his pet and proceeded to play around with her. "Who's my good girl? You are! You are, Ringo!"

As he proceeded to get out of bed, he took a shower and brushed his teeth, before heading to the kitchen to make some breakfast, but not before feeding Ringo a bowl of cat food, which was obviously not made of real cats.

As he did, he proceeded to open the kitchen fridge but realized...

He was out of bacon. And not only that, he was also out of cereal. And cola!

Edd then proceeded to sigh, "Guess I gotta go to the supermarket..."

As he got out of his apartment, he bid Ringo goodbye, saying that he'll be back.

He then locked his apartment door and was suddenly greeted by a familiar face.

"Morning, neighbour!"

"Hey Matt!" Edd greeted his friend.

"Where you heading to, matey?" Matt questioned, while also making a slight zombie pirate reference.

"Oh just heading to the supermarket. Ran out of urgent supplies."

"Ooh, could I come? I'm kinda out of some urgent supplies as well." Matt chuckled, which made Edd smirk a little bit.

"Sure."

You might ask yourself, where is Tom in all of this? Well he had a drink night hours after the gang finished watching the movie, so he's still stuck in a slumber.

As they headed out, they proceeded to talk about the movie last night. Matt thought the recent edition was great, but Edd argued that Part 3 was better. You know, opinions.

As they got out of their complex, a Peugeot and a moving truck went by them, arriving at the same apartment complex they both lived on.

As the moving truck stopped, a girl in an orange hoodie with eyeglasses stepped out.

Enter Jodie Tomlinson, a twenty-something lady fresh out of college. She's a simple yet peculiar girl. Jodie loves to cook, adores cats, loves ramen and is a big BIG fan of anime. She's a studious girl but is also quite quirky in a good way. Having accepted a well-paying job to work as a chef at a Japanese-styled restaurant, Jodie had to pack her things and bid goodbye to her old life in Luton. A rather big change, but a good one.

"Ah..." Jodie began as she stepped out of her car. "New place, new town, new faces, new me. A brand new era. Everything is gonna go gre-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, the moving truck already bailed, leaving her to bring a large amount of boxes to her new place...by herself.

Jodie sighed, before shaking her head. "It's alright Jodie! This is a whole new experience. Let's get the boxes to your new place!"

8:40 AM

Having finished buying 'supplies' from the supermarket with Matt, Edd already proceeds to head home, while also spotting a few boxes, assuming someone was moving here.

"Hmm, Matt. Do you suppose someone new is moving here?"

"Hmm, I don't know..." Matt replied. "But what I do know is that I'm looking way too handsome in this new mirror!"

As they went up, they got out of the elevator, and Edd suddenly notices a person struggling to carry a rather large box with her, with difficulty...

"Argh...so...heavy..."

Concerned, he goes up to her.

"Excuse me, would you mind if I could help you carry your box?"

"H-Huh? O-Oh, thanks! I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much!"

Edd proceeded to help her carry the box to Apartment 121. It definitely was heavy, yet Edd was able to help Jodie carry the box with ease.

"Ah, there you go." Edd concluded. "You must be the one with the boxes downstairs."

"Uh...y-yeah...I'm kinda new here. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"No it's alright!" Edd reassured Jodie. "If you'd like, I'd help you carry the rest of your boxes up here."

"U-Um...I appreciate the offer but I wouldn't really wanna take up a lot of your time."

"Don't worry! I got a lot of time in my hands. I'll get my friend to help you as well." Edd insisted. "Hey Matt, help me move our new neighbour's box-ah he's gone."

Matt went off to his own apartment, while marveling at the sight of himself with his newly bought mirror.

"Ah, Matthew Hargreaves, such a monument to the world..."

Edd facepalmed, before looking to Jodie and chuckled.

By then, Edd helped her carry a lot of her personal belongings to her new apartment. Some heavy, some light. He helped her place a lot of the stuff in her room.

And by then, they managed to get every box to Jodie's room.

"There, that should do the job!"

"T-Thank you for helping me...um..."

"Oh, my apologies! I haven't introduced myself yet. The name's Gould. Edward Gould! But you can call me Edd."

"P-Pleasure to meet you Edd. U-Um I'm Jodie by the way."

Edd smiled. "Can I call you Jo?"

"I-If you'd like!"

Edd awkwardly giggled, overthinking that he might have made her uncomfortable. "N-No I was just kidding. But it is certainly a pleasure to meet the new neighbour!"

"Y-Yeah likewise..."

By then the aura was quite silent for a few seconds. Neither Edd or Jodie knew what to do so they just stood there.

"I should take my leave! Nice meeting you Jodie! If you need anything, you know where to find me! Room 118!"

"Uh, wait! Edd!" Jodie called out, and before she knew it, she accidentally proceeded to grab Edd's arm.

Jodie's face went red, and immediately let go of his arm. "I-I'd like to thank you for the help. I-It's been a bit difficult transitioning here and I just wanted to tell you that."

Edd smiled. "No worries, Jodie. I hope you'll be alright here. This floor has some...odd neighbours but you'll like it here!"

"I-I sure hope so..."

And again, another aura of awkward silence began, until Edd broke the ice once more.

"I guess I should go now. It's really nice meeting you, Jodie! I hope we can get along well!"

"B-Bye! And thank you!"

Edd smirked once more. "No worries!"

As Edd went back to his apartment, he thought about Jodie a little bit, and couldn't help but smile.

"She seems nice."

And for Jodie? She felt embarrassed. EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED. She felt like she gave Edd a lot of things to do, even though he reassured her. But the idea of him helping her out did soften her out a little bit. She thought he had a nice smile and seemed nice.

But that is not the primary focus for now. Sure he seems like a nice, generous and good-looking neighbour...

But he's just a neighbour! She had more important things to attend to! Which was setting up her room! Yes! That's the spirit!

But let's just say the apartment complex has just gotten a little bit more lively.