Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"I'm with your brother having lunch," I informed him, ignoring the anger in his voice.

"Where? Cause I'm at the Grand Hotel right now and you're surely not here!" He bit.

"Oh, I thought you weren't coming. Sorry, I would have informed you of the change of plan had I known you intended to come!"

"Briana, what are you doing? Trying to drive me crazy by using my brother?" He barked. I had never heard Leo so angry.

"Who me? Not at all. We changed restaurant simply because your brother didn't want any paparazzi to bother him. I'll return to the office as soon as we finish." I told him.

"I don't know if I'll be there."

"I guess you have another important meeting, right?" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, right!" He retorted. And then he hung up. Liam kept gazing at me curiously. His blue eyes bore into mine as if he was trying hard to read my mind.

"Everything ok?" He asked when I put the mobile back into my handbag.

"Yeah, the usual," I said.

"Problems with my brother?"

"Another of his tantrums," I replied. "Your brother thinks he can command me all the time and not just during work hours."

"Even though you're not together anymore?" He asked.

"Yes. He can't accept that I don't want to be with him anymore."

Just then, Tony arrived with the drinks and took our orders. Thankfully, after he went away Liam changed the subject and asked me about work. I was grateful for that, as I preferred not to talk about my private life with him.

"So, is it hard to be in Leo's place? Honestly, I know nothing about being a journalist or making interviews. What type of articles do you publish in the magazine?"

I never expected the father of my child to be like Liam. I knew he was handsome. I had seen him in the morning, but with his eyes closed, he wasn't as devastating. It was hard not to shiver each time his blue eyes settled on my face. He had changed a bit in the past year. He was more muscled, probably he had worked out a lot because of the films he had to do.

"What are you thinking?" He asked as a smile formed on his face.

"Ah, nothing."

"Are you sure? I asked you a question, but you didn't seem to hear me."

I blushed. "I'm sorry. Well, I was thinking although you and Leo are brothers, you're very different from each other."

"I guess being the eldest made the difference. I never relied on anyone in my life. Leo, on the other hand, always needed help for everything. And probably this is the reason he needs you so much. I always had different ambitions in my life and running a news agency was never one of them. I wanted more. Acting was my passion, and I wished to make it to Hollywood. It's very difficult to get cast for good movies nowadays, but I've been lucky."

"That's great. Are you working on a new movie at the moment?"

"Yeah. Next month I have to take a week off from the office as I have some filming to do. A few last scenes which the director kept for last. Then, unless something comes up, I take a break until Leo returns from London for about six months."

Six months. Leo was going to leave for six months and he didn't care to tell me. Even if I didn't want to admit it, it hurt knowing that he didn't tell me. Six months without seeing him was going to be hell for me. Deep down, I still loved him, even if I hated myself for that.