The Scores (Finnick)

I expect the scores to be announced in the same order that we were assessed. However Caesar Flickerman doesn't do any announcing after his beginning introduction. Instead he pulls up a list of names. The list is instantly projected onto every TV screen in the training area. The tributes rush forward to see their names. I dive over the back of the couch and sprint to the TV nearest me.

Gamemaker Assessment Scores

Cato - 10

Clove - 10

Gale Hawthorne - 9

Annie Cresta - 4

Marvel - 9

Katniss Everdeen - 11

Peeta Mellark - 8

Glimmer - 9

Finnick Odair - 10

Johanna Mason - 9

Thresh - 10

Rue - 7

Seamus Finnigan - 3

Lavender Brown - 4

Neville Longbottom - 5

Cho Chang - 5

Draco Malfoy - 5

Hermione Granger - 8

Harry Potter - 8

Luna Lovegood - 5

Dean Thomas - 5

Pansy Parkinson - 5

Ron Weasley - 7

Ginny Weasley - 8

Jensi Babblos - 3

Maruca Endal - 5

Dex Diznee - 7

Sophie Foster - 8

Wylie Endal - 8

Stina Heks - 5

Keefe Sencen - 8

Marella Redek - 8

Tam Song - 8

Linh Song - 8

Fitz Vacker - 8

Biana Vacker - 7

My heartbeat goes back to normal when I see my ten. I don't know why I was so nervous, this isn't my first time in the games, and I received a ten last time as well. I pause on Katniss Everdeen's score. An eleven? She got an eleven? I glance over at the girl from District 12. She's very skinny. It's likely her family is struggling for food. She has long dark hair in a braid down her back and gray eyes. What about her is so special that she got an eleven? I wonder. Katniss's eyes are wide with shock, and her mouth is open. The careers—Clove, Cato, Glimmer, and Marvel—are glaring at her.

"Ten, huh?" I hear a voice behind me. Johanna stands there, leaning cockily on the wall.

"Yeah," I confirm. "And you got a nine?"

Johanna nods, "Not too bad." I smirk. My eyes fall on Annie. She only got a four. As much as I love her, it doesn't surprise me. She hasn't been the same since she won the games. Her eyes fall on me, and she rushes over. I embrace her warmly, feeling her soft red hair.

"Good job on the ten," she congratulates me quietly.

"Thank you," I reply. I almost never cry, but the thought of losing Annie in the games is enough to make me want to.