The Careers (Marvel)

Glimmer, Cato, Clove, and I managed to scare the rest of the tributes away from the cornucopia, which leaves us with tons of supplies. Bodies are littered across the field. I walk around and inspect them while the others assess our supplies. There are surprisingly few. I spot three Lost Cities tributes, a short curly haired boy that Clove killed, a girl with brown dreadlocks streaked with blue that Glimmer killed, and a tall thin girl with thick curly dark hair that I killed. There are also three Hogwarts tributes, a freckled brown haired boy that Cato killed, a dark haired Asian girl that I saw Johanna Mason kill, and a blonde haired girl that Clove killed.

"There are only six!" I holler back to the others. There are probably more that are wounded or got killed in the woods. I think, jogging to the cornucopia.

"These are enough supplies to last us the rest of the games." Glimmer informs me with a confident smile. I grin. Cato whoops and leaps off a giant crate.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Clove inquires, settling on the ground and sharpening her knives menacingly.

"We can hunt for other tributes," Cato suggests. "There will always be some easy kills we can track down." I scan our heap of supplies.

"What about all this?" I motion to it. The others are quiet for a moment, thinking. The only sound is the scraping of Clove's knives.

"We should split up," Glimmer says finally. I nod in agreement, as I sort through the weaponry to find a spear.

"I call not staying!" Cato hollers.

"Me too!" I shout. "You girls, stay here." Glimmer rolls her eyes, but she settles onto the ground beside Clove without any argument. Then, Cato and I set off into the forest. We don't bother being quiet, and we tromp through snapping twigs. The crunch of leaves under our boots will alert any other tributes of our location, but they're bound to make just as much noise running away. To my disappointment, we don't spot any tributes. After an hour of aimless wandering, Cato and I sit on a boulder protruding from the ground, dejected. I sigh.

"What do we do?" Cato queries, slicing small plants in the ground with his sword. I sigh, looking around at the trees.

"I don't know," I admit. Grimly, we walk back to the cornucopia.