Popularity

Once there was a girl, bright and bold, in a world where popularity was sold. She longed to shine like stars in the night, to be among those who basked in light.

With envy's eyes, she watched them play, The popular kids, in their own way. Their laughter rang like a melody sweet, their presence commanding every street.

She yearned to join their elite crew, to wear their crown and walk in their shoes. So, with determination fierce in her eyes, she bid her old friends a hasty goodbye.

She chased the allure of the popular crowd, her laughter now ringing oh so loud. She traded her true self for a facade, A mask of perfection, a charade.

But as she danced in the spotlight's glare, she felt a twinge of emptiness, a silent despair. For in her quest to be adored and adulated, she lost the true friends she once celebrated.

Alone in a sea of faces unknown, she realized the price of being alone. For popularity came at a cost too steep, leaving her longing for dreams she couldn't keep.

And so, with a heavy heart and tear-stained eyes, she sought out the friends she left behind. In their warm embrace, she found her place, A lesson learned in the folly of haste.

For true friendship, she discovered at last, was worth more than popularity amassed. In the company of those who loved her true, she found the strength to be herself anew.