Soda X Male Reader

We got bullied in high school. We were gay. Well, I was. He was bi. So... We dropped out together. The gang was always supportive. Well, after they found out. My parents knew, which is why they always neglect me. He played it off as wanting to get in more work hours, and intentionally failed classes to make it seem like he was falling behind. I just left.

Before the gang found out, him and this girl, Sandy, fake dated. Then, he planned a major breakup. She went along with it. Then, he told everyone. They supported us, and we dated happily together. Sure, they teased us in a playful sense, but it was all fun and games. I ended up staying with Soda Pony and Darry after Johnny and Dallas were killed. That was a tough time for us all. Johnny was my cousin, and Dally... We were good friends.

That cold Wednesday morning, I walked through the door, shivering. Ponyboy was standing by the couch, watching TV with Keith. I never really took to his nickname. I didn't like it all too much. I just called him plain Keith. I grinned and gave Pony a warm smile.

" Sure is cold out there today, isn't it, kid? " I say as I waltz into the kitchen, expecting to find Sodapop in there. He wasn't. But Steve and Darrel were. " Good morning, boys. Anyone seen Soda? " I asked as I went straight for the fridge. I had left some food in there. " He's in his room. Poor guy's got a bad cold. " Darrel said. I looked around for my leftovers, and couldn't find them.

" Hey, who ate my leftovers? " I call out. " Who ate my brother's ass? " Pony yelled from the living room. " Fair point, Horse. " I snicker. Horse was my nickname for him. It fits. " Soda's been asking for you, man. Go see him. " Steve said. I nodded. " Alright. I'll do that. "

I walk into his room, and notice him laying in bed, sick as a dog. He was pale and his eyes had dark circles. I laid next to him. " Baby... You okay..? " I asked him. He shook his head. " I'm sick.... " He mumbled. " I can see that.... I told you not to go out and play football yesterday.... " I kiss his forehead and pull him close to me. " You're burning up... Are you cold? " He nodded. " Freezing.... " He sighed. I sigh and put a blanket over him as I keep him close.

" You just nap, okay? " I tell him. He closes his eyes. " I love you, Babe... " I said. " I love you too.... " He mumbles, and falls asleep. When he was asleep, I went and cooked him soup and some tea. I got some medicine, and Darrel let me move the TV into his room while everyone was either gone or at school. I found an episode of The Beverley Hillbillies, and turned it on. He woke up a few minutes later, and he ate his soup and drank his tea. I cuddled him and we watched TV for a while.

He was sneezing a lot, and I just comforted him. " I love you, Babe... " He mumbled. " I love you even more.... " I whispered. And I sure as hell meant it.