Blaise Zabini - New

Flora was a quiet, observant girl.
Blaise always felt he was the least favorite of his friends.
When the two met, they instantly clicked. Everyone noticed how they got along, how they were always happy in each other's presence. They were perfect for each other, making each other feel seen and heard, even when they weren't talking at all.
On April 9th, they both admitted their feelings for each other.
They were sitting on opposite sides of a pile of papers in an empty hallway, a place they often liked to do their homework together.
Flora was nervous, but she wanted him to know how she felt. Blaise had been hinting at how much he likes her for a while, but she never seemed to take the hint. He was just about ready to confess when she beat him to it.
"Blaise," the girl said shyly, peering up at him over her reading glasses.
"Yes love?" He responds not looking up from his potions book.
Flora puts a piece of paper on the page Blaise was reading as a place holder and closes the book forcing his attention onto her.
Blaise smiles, straightens his posture, and looks at Flora.
"Yes love?" He repeats.
The girl suddenly feels a bit panicky. Her hands begin shaking a bit, and only for a second does she consider backing down before crushing the thought entirely. She takes a deep breath, and just lets her thoughts out.
"Blaise, I really like you. And I think you like me, I mean there are signs you've been sending me, but I'm never really sure how to interpret them, but I really do like you, and I really hope that you like me too because all I ever really wanna do is spend time with you, and when I'm not doing that all I do is talk about you to Mattheo and I can tell he's getting tired of it, but that's not my point, my point is I like you Blaise, and I like doing things with you, I like studying in freezing cold hallways with you, and I want to do that more, I-i want to do more with you."
Flora sighs and catches her breath a bit.
Blaise says nothing for a moment, only stares at the girl in shock, happiness, and though he didnt know it at the time, love.
"I like you too Flora, more than I think I could express with words."
The girl breaths a small sigh of relief and smiles, looking back down at her paper.
"Well then, as you were," she says blushing profusely.
Blaise smirks, then opens his book back up to his saved page, though neither of them were really focusing on any of their work anymore.

...
They started officially dating one week later, which was not long before the problems started.
Flora was supposed to spend the spring break at her family's manor with Mattheo, but Blaise invited her over to his to meet his family, and she wasn't sure what to do. Mattheo didnt have anywhere else to go, and she didn't want to make him try and find somewhere so last minute.
This irritated Blaise, but he tried to be understanding. Besides, him and Mattheo were friends, he wouldn't want his friend to feel bad for not having a place to go.
"I mean I-I could just ask him to go to Malfoys, or Theo's, or he could even go to mine on his own, my parents wouldn't mind."
"No, no it's alright, um- I'll just tell my parents you'll come up another time?" Blaise didn't wanna seem controlling, or overdramatic, but he was getting a bit tired of Mattheo always being a part of everything. He sat with them at every meal, he third wheeled most of their dates, he was always at Floras dorm and her at his, her and Blaise rarely got alone time anymore because Mattheo was always right there.
Flora knew it bothered Blaise, and that made her feel terrible. But she had a plan, and the first step was to talk to Mattheo.
As she was on her way to his dorm, she ran into Theo and Lorenzo sitting in the common room.
"Flora, love, it feels like it's been forever since I've seen you. Come here," Lorenzo pats a space next to him on the couch, but Flora politely declines.
"Later, ive got to talk to Mattheo about something." She quickly says before rushing off to the boys dorms.
"Oh, Zabinis not gonna like that one." Theo comments as the girl disappears up the stairs.

...

Flora eagerly knocks on the door to Mattheos dorm.
After a few seconds, he opens the door wearing his black and grey Slytherin pajama pants and his usual thin chain necklace.
"Hi flors," the boy smiles down at her.
"I was just about to shower, you can hangout if you want, I'll be quick," he offers.
"Oh, erm-, no I'll be quick, I just have to talk to you about something."
She was nervous, but she knew this was what she had to do to make things work with Blaise. And besides, it's not like she's never gonna see him again, they're just taking a little distance.
"Oh, ok um, come in'"
Flora steps past Mattheo and walks over to a desk chair next to Mattheos bed. He sits on his bed close to her and waits for her to speak.
"Mattheo, um... Look, me and you have to take a little bit of space from each other."
"Space?" Mattheo questions, worry and confusion very evident on his face, "what do you mean?"
"I just- I'm with Blaise now, and he's not entirely comfortable with how much time we spend together, and our sleepovers, and you always just being around. He's right, we need more alone time together if we're going to make things work, and we can't do that with you around all the time. And I'm not at all blaming you, I invited you all of the time, this is not at all your fault. I'm sorry."
Mattheo just sits in silence. He was angry, upset, and scared all at the same time. He knew he was spending too much time with her, but she was the only person who really understood him, who has been through everything with him. He didn't want to lose her, he couldn't.
"So, what does this mean?" He asks lowly.
"We just need to stop spending so much time together is all. We can still hangout, and obviously you basically live with me so we have summers, holidays, we'll still see each other plenty. And... I'm gonna be spending speing break at Blaise's. You can still stay with mum and dad, they'd treat you just as they always have, like you're their second child." Flora smiles trying tooghten the mood.
"Yeah," Mattheo smiles wearily.
"I'm sorry," the girls says feeling guilty as ever. She knew this was what she needed to do, but it made her sad too. Spending less time with Mattheo, the boy she's spent almost everyday with for the past sixteen years, was going to be hard.
"It's alright, I understand. I don't want Blaise to feel any type of way about it either," the boy said, only half lying.
Flora stands up and opens her arms to Mattheo who follows her and wraps his arms around hers. Hugging her felt safe, like everything was gonna be ok eventually.
Just then, there is a knock at the door.
Mattheo breaks the hug to open it, and when he does, as if he's been summoned, there stands Blaise on the other side.
"Zabini, come in," Mattheo opens the door for Blaise to come in.
"I was just getting Dracos-" as soon as he sees Flora standing there in front of Mattheos bed, his heart drops. He felt a sudden serge of anger wash over him.
"What're you doing here?" Blaise questioned.
"I was just doing what I said-"
"We were just talking mate, chill out." Mattheo interrupts walking up behind Blaise.
"Shut the fuck up Riddle, I wasn't talking to you." Blaise spits.
"Blaise calm down, he's right we were only talking-"
"Do you even like me anymore?" Blaise cuts her off.
"Yes, of course I do why would you-"
"You can't like me if you prefer to spend all of your time with his over me."
"Blaise, I- I do like you. Why would you say that?"
"Because Flora. Everywhere you go, Mattheos right there with you. You guys spend nights together, your family likes him, you guys are fucking inseparable. How am I supposed to feel about all of that?"
Flora goes silent for a moment. She takes his words into consideration before speaking again.
"Blaise, I like you. Mattheo and I grew up together, we've both had pretty hard childhoods, and I guess that's allowed us to bond in a way other people might not understand, and I get that. And if you'd have let me explain, I would have told you that that's exactly what we were just talking about. I just told Mattheo we need to spend less time together because I want to make things work with you." Flora calmy explained, though she felt like she might cry. She didn't want Blaise to be angry at her for only doing the thing he wanted her to.
Blaise wants to say something back, but there's nothing.
He wasn't really used to people caring how he feels, and certainly not doing something about it.
"I'm sorry," he says lowly, feeling like a complete idiot.
"Don't be sorry, I'm sorry for not realizing sooner."
Blaise remains quiet, feeling embarrassed as ever.
"Well, I'm gonna go shower um... You two have fun out here." Mattheo says, then disappears into the bathroom, followed by the shower running.
"Flora I-I'm sorry," Blaise said apologetically.
"It's alright love," the girl says putting a comforting hand on his lower back. "Let's go back to my dorm, yeah? I'm tired."
Blaise nods and stands up, walking over to the door and opening it for the girl he adored so much. He really was sorry, and he didn't want to make her feel bad if he did.
The walk to Floras dorm was silent, and it stayed that way while they both undressed, Blaise into his boxers, and Flora into her underwear and bra. She puts on a baggy T-shirt of Blaise's she stole once when she was at his dorm, and they both crawled into bed snuggling close to one another.
Blaise puts his head on her chest and wraps his arms around her torso as she plants a loving kiss on the top of his head.
And with that, they both silently fall fast asleep, knowing that through everything, they cared for each other no less than before.

...

GUYS I'm sorry this was so long, but like I love Blaise and he needs more recognition so actually I'm not sorry😋

LOVE YOU LOTS💋