Lorenzo Berkshire - Same old

It's only been 3 weeks since we broke up and he's already moved on. I don't know why I expected anything else from him, it's Lorenzo Berkshire. He loves so hard, and stops so fast. If you'd have told me a month ago I'd be sick to my stomach at the sight of him making out with a random 5th year on the common room couch, I wouldn't believe you. I would have said, "He would never do that to me," because then I thought me loved me. What a stupid fucking way of thinking.
Trying my best to remain unseen by the two sucking each other's faces off, I quickly start my way to the girls dorms. Before I can even reach the first step, I hear him call my name.
"Ans," he says, quiet, soft, surprised. I turn around only for a second to see the girl who was previously having a good time making out with Enzo, and Enzo who looked like he'd seen a ghost, then continue my way to my dorm.
"Ansley, wait up," he quickly jogs over to the stairs and lightly grabs my wrist when he reaches the step below me.
I squeeze my eyes shut, wishing this could just be a bad dream, and that if i  squeeze my eyes hard enough, when I open them I'd be in my bed, not being touched by him.
"What do you want Lorenzo," I say, desperate to get this interaction over with as fast as possible.
"I just... Wanted to ask how you were is all,"
I finally face him and see his eyes, so farmiar and so far away, looking into mine. He looks tired, with dark circles around his eyes, his hair messy like it hasn't been brushed yet today.
"I'm fine. Can I go now?" I say, desperate to leave and not cry in front of him again.
"Ans..."
"Goodbye, Enzo."
I pull my hand from his grasp and continue my way up the stairs.
I feel the tears pooling in my eyes like overfilled clouds ready to pour on everyone below. As soon as I reach my dorm, I rush inside, slam the door shut, and let the rain fall. I slide down the door and onto the floor, heavy sobs emiting from my chest. It feels like my heart is being ripped out all over again.

...

"Ans, I just can't fucking do this right now ok? You're too needy, and- and I can't spend every bloody minute of my time with you like you need me to alright?"
Its getting harder to breath, my chest tightening up, my head pounding. Why is he doing this? Why now, when I thought everything was going so well?
"You're a fucking prick, y'know that?" I say as hot tears stream down my face. "I have done nothing but give you all of my fucking love and attention for the past six months, and all of a sudden it's too much for you to give that back?"
"Jesus Christ Ansley," he runs his hands through his hair. Despite everything he's saying to me, I can't help but notice how undeniably beautiful he is. It just makes the whole thing worse. He sighs and goes to sit down on the edge of my bed.
"Lorenzo, tell me right now. Are you breaking up with me?"
He takes his head away from his hands and looks up at me, a certain kind of sadness in his eyes.
"I can't be with you right now Ans, I-"
A sob mixed with a laugh escapes my mouth. My hands are shaking and I can't feel my face anymore. Never in my life have I ever thought a boy would make me feel this way.
I cover my face with my hands and begin to sob, uncontrollably and heavily. I feel two familiar arms wrap themselves around me which only makes me cry harder.
"I'm so sorry darling, I really am"...

...

After a few minutes I force myself up from the floor and into my bed. Sophie, my roommate could be back soon, I don't want her to see me like this.
As I begin to drift off to sleep, I hear the door open and close behind me. I assume it's Sophie until the footsteps reach my bed, and I feel the space behind me sink. I open my eyes and turn around to find Lorenzo peering down at me with tears in his eyes.
"What the fuck-"
"Please let me explain," Enzo interrupts, "please."
I close my mouth and sit up still under the covers.
"Ansley, I fucked up with you," he says. He places a hand on the side of my face making me flinch away from his touch. He puts his hand back down, almost looking hurt.
" I'm sorry I let you love me so long, and I'm sorry I couldn't do the same for you. I'm sorry I hurt you so bad, and just moved on acting like I didn't care. I do care, there's never been a time where I haven't cared about you, whether I acted like it or not. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry I'm here now apologizing even though I still... cant be with you."
My heart drops.
How do I keep letting him break my heart?
I feel fucking stupid for thinking this speech was going to lead to us getting back together. I feel stupid for letting him in my bed, stupid for letting him in my heart.
"Get the fuck out Lorenzo," I spit.
He looks down at me, first with hurt, then with a sad sort of understanding. I don't know what he has to be sad for, he was the one who caused all of this.
He doesn't move which pisses me off more.
"Get the fuck out Enzo!" I scream pushing him by his chest.
He stumbles backwards catching himself before he can fall to the floor. He looks down at me hurt, but doesn't say anything like he knows he deserved it. He nods and looks at me momentarily befire walking out of the door and leaving me torn apart like he's become so good at doing.