15. Sports Festival part 3.

Hey, I'm back, yet again. They left me. But, uh... Season 4 of The Boys was great, so yeah. Also started watching Smiling Friends, definitely one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. And, uh, this is gonna be a pretty goddamn long chapter, so, you're welcome I guess.

===============================================

"Let's keep pumpin' out these hits and move on!" Present mic exclaimed. "Time for the fourth match! Get ready to watch two new players duke it out! He's the kid with engines in his legs. Tenya Iida from the hero course! Versus... a fully-equipped gadget dynamo. The support course's Mei Hatsume!"

"So it's hero course versus support," Kyoka stated.

"I have no idea what this fight will look like," Tsu added.

"Uh, what's up with Iida?" Sato asked. "Where the heck did he get all that weird gear from?"

You looked down at Iida to see he was wearing a weird jetpack looking thing.

"Hero course students can't use support gear unless they have to," Midnight said sternly. "And you didn't fill out any of the proper paperwork for that."

They continued talking back and fourth for a little bit, until Iida said something that let Midnight allow it.

"Really?" Present mic asked. "Well, if everyone's on the same page, let's begin the fourth match!"

Iida began running and Hatsume, as she pulled down a little microphone.

"Bet you love how fast that gear makes you! Huh, Iida?" Hatsume asked. "Don't your legs feel lighter than usual? That's to be expected. I designed those leg parts specifically to increase the wearer's speed and mobility. But, of course..."

Hatsume continued as she shot out a mechanical extension from her backpack, moving her out of the way, and tripping Iida.

"I can easily evade you with my hydraulic attachments!" Hatsume exclaimed.

You turned to Kyoka and did the nerd face to mock Hatsume, as she giggled.

Iida turned around and began running at Hatsume from behind, but another pole pushed into the ground and moved her out of the way.

"Since I've got sensors in every direction,  it's impossible for an opponent to sneak up on me!"

Iida tripped again, and the right part of his little wing-things slammed into the ground, as he turned around again.

"Look at how adeptly Iida just changed his course! It's all thanks to the ingenious auto-balancer I created. There's absolutely no lag time!" Hatsume added, shooting out another extension, moving her out of the way again. "The auto-balancer is equipped with a custom 32-axis gyro sensor! As you can see, it can keep the user from falling unless they actually want to."

"Think she'd make me a PC?" You asked Kyoka as she shrugged. "Damn."

This went on for another agonizing 10 minutes, and you couldn't imagine how Iida was feeling. Hatsume showed off everything she wanted to apparently, and stepped out of bounds.

"Oh, thank god," Kyoka sighed as you nodded in agreement.

"Uh, Hatsume stepped out of bounds, so Iida advances to the next round," Midnight announced.