evening walk.

||JOHHNY'S POV||
  ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
dally had the idea of going on a walk today. it was around 5:00 p.m. when he first the idea, and he seemed eager to go through with it.

a few minutes later, we headed toward the door. i slipped on my denim jacket before leaving because it was pretty cold outside.

we walk in silence for the first few moments as we walk away from the curtis household and down the sidewalk with no true destination in mind.

after walking to the point of which the house was out of sight, and there was no trees around, we both came to a halt.

i slowly looked up at my beautiful boyfriend as he gazed upon the mix of orange and pink in the evening sky. the colors reflected off his glossy eyes that stayed connected to the sky.

i admired every aspect of him.

i adored his coffee brown, fluffy hair that he'd been growing out for a while. i love when his hair is longer.

the small grin he has on his face is enough to warm up my entire heart. dallas isn't one to show much emotion, especially not to sunsets, but he seems to be infatuated with it.

i look away from his face and join his gaze on the gorgeous, vibrant sky. after a moment, i suddenly feel him attempt to interlock his fingers with my own. i comply and he holds a firm, yet caring grip.

"you know," he breaks the silence while still looking at the sky, "the sunset truly is beautiful. i never understood why you and pony loved it so much, but you've gotten me into it."

a soft smile forms on my face as he looks down at me. he looks directly on my face and mirrors my expression.

"i'm glad i did dallas." i say softly, "i'm glad you enjoy them."

he looks back up to the sky and exhales. "i would've never even had tried to enjoy them had it not been for you johnny. thank you."

"of course dallas." i respond, by my voice is a bit shaky due to how cold it is.

dallas takes note of this and let's go of my hand. he takes off his brown leather jacket and moves to where he is behind me. he places the jacket over my shoulders, and over my own jacket, before returning to his spot before.

as the sun full begins to fade away and the vibrant colors are replaced with the darkness of the night, i lean my head onto his arm. he then lifts it up and wraps it around my shoulders, pulling me in closer.

we stand in silence for a few moments longer before he whispers.

"i love you johnny."

"i love you too, dallas."

the night sky fully takes over moments later. dallas places a soft kiss on my forehead and takes a single small step forward a minute later, in which i follow. we don't turn back, rather instead head for the long way home, all while keeping our bodies close the entire way home.