Aim, Shoot, Thats Lunch!

Come morning, I'm exhausted. I may have slept, but I definitely didn't rest. I couldn't get over that force I had felt. Where did it come from? Why did it feel so heavy? What could this mean for me as a human moving forward?

I shake the thoughts from my mind, rising from my bed. I rub the sleep from my eyes and stretch with a groan. My body slowly starts waking up, still a tad sore, making my way to my basic stove. I opened the dusty cook book Reth had given me full of basic recipes and some of his own concoctions. The wrapped binding is frayed, cover slightly worn. A once well loved cookbook, now finding new life to essentially make sure I don't poison myself with the new ingredients.

I crack a few large eggs into a slightly oiled pan. Stepping away for just a moment to chop some wild garlic and onions. I toss them into the eggs on the pan and stir, scrambling them together. I dump the mixture onto a plate to cool while I pan fry some apples to go with it.

I enjoy my breakfast, combing out my disheveled hair before immediately tying it up to keep it out of the way as I hunt with Hassian.

Wait. Hunt with Hassian....

I take a peak outside, spotting a common blue butterfly, its wings shining from morning sun.

IM GONNA BE LATE!!!

Frantically, I leap to my wardrobe, tossing through clothes before settling on a sleeveless green top with a swirl design and basic trousers. I pull on my boots, nearly tumbling through the door. I turn back briefly to grab my fixed quiver and bow, strapping them around me as I run down the path through the gate from my plot.

Morning chores will have to wait.

I sprint through the rocky gap and down dirt path. Taking a sharp left, nearly tripping on the wooden section barreling toward Chapaa Crossing. Kicking up dust behind me, I scare away insects and a small group of chirping birds. Tau happily trots down the worn road coming my way, Hassian not too far behind.

Crap, crap, crap!

I push myself further and make it just in time. I step behind a nearby tree to catch my breath before heading to the small bridge to meet Hassian. Dawning a smile trying to mask my breathing, I confidently go to meet him at the bridge.

Hassian looks over the open field, hardly acknowledging my presence. Just when I think I had gotten away with it,

"I saw you back down the path. Something you should keep in mind, if you can see me in an open place, I can most certainly see you..."

...

I sigh. He saw me, not even through my reuse, He just knew. Accepting defeat, I look down at me clearly thrown-together look and dust covered pants from running.

I whined, cursing to myself. Tau barks up at me. I look to the plumehound, giving him a smile. I pet him, ruffling the fur onto his head and scratching behind his ears. Tau pants, looking up at me almost as if the goofy dog is smiling.

Hassian whistles to Tau, calling him over with his finger. I take it as the start to my lecture and sand up from my squatted position. I trail behind them as Hassian leads us a bit away to the top of a small ledge that looks over the windmill field.

"Chapaa are easy to spot against the grass here. They like to shower for food around the outside of town hoping there's something shiny to take with them." As he speaks, he guides my attention to the small common chapaa know for their spotted pelts. "Though, I'm sure you're not blind but then again, I've given you too much credit before."

I brush past the pointed remark and listen keenly, not wanting this to drag on more than it needed to. Hassian draws his bow with a basic arrow.

"Pay attention to your form. It can be easy to lose the longer you aim. Common chapaa are such a nuisance. Invasive."