🍎28🍎

Once we got off the bus we started the walk into the actual building along the way picking up a very distracted Becky. She was a bit ahead of us causing Anya to rush over to her and me to follow suit, Becky seemed fine until she looked at me. She froze and looked me up and down, dress and all and started.

"Morning firecracker," nothing she continued to stare at me, I looked at Anya but she just looked at me pale and shook her head, just as lost as I was. Not seeming to get any sort of reaction out of the young blackbell I shrugged and waved at Anya "Well, see you later shortstack, don't cause another fight," I then gave one last attempt by shooting Becky finger guns "tell we meet again Firecracker," and with that I entered the south wing.

After Sam's whole speech at the library I made a point to ignore Demetrius, I didn't like it but he had a point. There was no way Demetrius would speak to me properly until I was on equal footing. I expected to get smug looks from the brown haired boy, thinking he had won and that I had given up on trying to befriend him, or maybe a few snide comments and insults here and there.

What I wasn't expecting was for Demetrius to constantly look back at me thinking I didn't notice and angrily growl things to Sam who in turn would sigh and shack his head. I couldn't figure out why my sudden lack of attention would have such an effect on his behavior, from the moment I met him Demetrius seemed like the type who wanted nothing more then for me to leave him alone, yet by doing so he seemed frustrated.

Something that Sam said stuck out to me from the day in the Library, he had called Demetrius the king of emotionless. I tilted my head as I studied him, nothing about him seemed emotionless or without passion. He seemed so determined and headstrong to me, cold? Yes, guarded? Yes no doubt, unapproachable? You bet but emotionless? The farthest thing from it.

I shook my head and looked away gazing at the chock board, I hadn't noticed that we had changed to our history class. A work sheet was handed out and I groaned not listening as I filled it out in a few minutes before the bell rang. Kids rushed out of the room and filled the halls faster then if there was a fire burning the place to the ground, as I walked passed the professors desk I placed the finished work sheet on the turn in bin.

She frowned at me for a second "Forger, this was your homework for the next to weeks, this was meant to take you days of studying the Aztecs to fill out this hand out," I shrugged "wasn't the hard," the words left my mouth before I realized it was a bad idea, I searched my brain for any excuse I could think up "the school I went to across seas, had a unit on it already and so the information was already gathered," she looks over the paper and nodded to her self "I'll belive you this time Forger but if you know all of this you should participate  more in class.

~•🍎•~🍏~•🍎•~

I looked down at Anya as she kicked her feet a slightly anxious look on her face. Loid's distant behavior towards Yor must have really gotten to her. I crossed my arms and looked up at the bus roof. I still believed I was right, Yor was over trained for the SSS dogs or to be any normal civilian but that didn't make the pit in my stomach go away. If I was right and Yor was part of the garden, what would I do?

If I reported her to the Iron Lady she would close down Strix immediately and have Twilight gather as much intel on Yor as possible, who knows what would happen to Anya. If I didn't the game of house would continue until I won the game and got all eight of the gold stars. I scratched the side of my head, no matter how I turned it there was no way or comforting Anya without flat out lying to her.

I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't have to, as the bus came to a stop right outside the curb of our little make shift house. Anya raced in not looking back leaving me for the second time that day to chase after her. She pushed open the door "Mama, papa, we're home," she left the door wide open leaving me to shut it "yep we once again escaped the fiery pits of hell you keep sending us to," Yor smiled he warm smile ignoring what I said "welcome home you two," while Loid gave me a pointed glare "watch it (Y/n), that mouth of yours is going to be your undoing one of these days," I shrugged and threw off my shoes "not a bad way to go," Yor chuckled at our back and forth.

Anya looked at Loid then Yor and smiled "your getting along again," Loid blinked and shook his head "me and (Y/n) arguing doesn't mean I don't love them, we just-" before he could finish Anya shook her head "not you two, you guys argue all the time, you and Mama are getting along," Loid looked really confused now "but me and Yor weren't fighting in the first place," Yor seeing this was going no where stepped in "we have Cake for after dinner," Anya's smile grew ten full as she raced over feet stomping under her as she danced around "I want some," Loid shook his head "After dinner, and be careful you'll upset the downstairs neighbors," I snorted and shook my head "if their not used to it by now then they must be half deaf," Loid rolled his eyes, Yor chuckled, and Anya smiled.

~•🍎•~🍏~•🍎•~

Night fell, Yor and Anya were out like lights leaving me and Loid in the living room, him watching the news on mute and me reading in the dark. "Do you still believe she's with the SSS?" I asked turning the page, Loid sighed "No, I don't think she knows anything about Yuri ether, me and Franky went after her and she didn't say a word about Yuri," I nodded "that doesn't help my theory," he looked at me for a long second before turning back to the Tv "are you going to tell me what your thinking?" I stood up abruptly and stretched.

"I wonder if we have any cake left," and with that I left the room.

(AN: Sorry this one is way short, didn't see much I could do with such a Loid heavy moment, but I hope you sill enjoyed, moving into dodgeball and hopefully a Damian chapter (?) though I might squeeze penguin park in between, see you next time)