Episode 1 (Part 1)

On a day like any other a mortar boat was found adrift and abandoned. The craft was largely undamaged and showed no signs of struggle. In the galley, 3 cups of coffee sat half-full. And... on the deck, an iron chest, its lock melted away, lay open and empty. But the chest's unusual, shelter-like chambers baffled discoverers who believed it to have once contained a vast treasure. But interest waned and, before long, the chest was forgotten.

1987 - Japan

Kujo Jotaro, 17 years old, standing at 195 Centimeters tall. His father was of Japanese descent and jazz musician. His mother is an American of British descent. "There is no mistake, Jotaro is my son." A light-skinned woman wearing a pale green skirt with a long-sleeved yellow top seemed desperate to convince the policemen."His friends at school call him Jojo. Seems they combined the 'Jo' from Jotaro and 'Jo' from Kujo," Another more lean officer noted. He then bursted out laughing, "What a stupid name!"

"So... How many people has my Jotaro killed?!" The woman asked in distress, with teal eyes gleaming as if she was about to cry. "No! Don't say it!" she suddenly threw her hands to her ears and shut her eyes. She shook her body side to side as if shaking her head to say 'no' wouldn't suffice.

"uh, who said he killed anybody?" The plumper higher authority police officer asked rather tiredly. "He was in a fight," The taller, leaner officer explained. The woman stopped her rotating and let out an "oh" sound. "Yup, four punks with nunchucks and knives. One of them was a former boxer. Your son left them with fifteen broken bones. Apparently they were bullying some middle schooler, I think his name was Heidan. Anyways he really busted them up real bad- I mean, pardon me... he put them in the hospital." The fat officer seemed almost too happy about the four punks getting beat up.

"Ma'am, it's your responsibility that he learns his lesson!" The other officer lectured the foreign woman with a wagging finger. "Yes sir!" the woman replied with an energetic, all too happy smile. A woman like her is clearly soft-hearted and easy to manipulate. The fat, plump officer walked to the police station front desk and continued talking. "But the problem is what happened after. Here, make some copies and pass them around." The officer passed a file to the lady at the front desk. She nodded and immediately did so. "He's a strange one, isn't he?" The round policeman asked the lady. The woman looked puzzled as if what he said didn't add to her imagery of her son.

"Please, this way." The two officers escorted the woman through the police station. Eventually, the three reached a dark and gloomy metal room. "Thank you," the white woman was very familiar with Japanese customs. "Here, it's time to take him home," the plump police officer sighed. "Eh? He's already free to go?" The woman asked, shocked. "Well, we can't keep him forever," The officer explained, "By the way, ma'am, your Japanese is excellent. How long have you lived here?" he added. "twenty years," She answered with a soft tone. "ah, no wonder" the policeman nodded. "We've had our hands full lately. There is even a waiting list for cells. Your son is just ahead."  He prompted her.

"Jotaro!" the woman's soft-spoken tone was still evident despite her no longer keeping her hushed tone. The mother ran towards her son's cell, panting as she ran as fast as her legs could take her. In her mind, memories of Jotaro repeated over and over again. "Jotaro, Jotaro, Jotaro!" She called out for her son.

"Shut up! You're freakin annoying, bitch!" a power-filled deep voice cursed. The woman's son lay dressed in a modified black trench coat with a tall, stiff collar and golden chain pierced on the left. Underneath, he wears a fitted, grey-green sleeveless shirt and a pair of black slim-fitting pants held up by two thin belts. He wore a black cap adorned near the center with a golden button and, on its left, a rectangular golden plate with a design of a flattened hand. It is torn at the back, appearing to merge with his raven-colored hair.

"Okay!" The mom smiled happily despite the menacing, disrespectful reply. "He is actually a very sweet boy. He could never do something so terrible." The woman juxtaposed the response she was just given by her son. Jotaro shifted his body to a position where he could lie down in his trapped cell. The taller officer kicked the cell violently, creating an insufferable noise. "Oi! rise and shine Kujo! You're free to go! now get out!" He yelled, only to have no response from the teenager. Jotaro continues to lay on the uncomfortable prison cell bed with his back facing the police officer. Jotaro's lack of interest in getting out and acknowledgment of the police officer was clearly shown as he comfortably laid down with his head relying on his right elbow, supporting his head with his hand. "Hey! I said you're free to go! What the hell is wrong with you?" The police officer yelled. Jotaro glared at the officer in the corner of his eye; the way he eyed the policemen and moved his body slightly upwards to see them screamed strength. The tall policeman gulped despite initially being aggressive.

"Mom, go home. I'm going to be here a while." Jotaro stated calmly. The shock on his mother's face was evident. "I'm being haunted by an evil spirit; who knows what he'll make me do next." Jotaro quickly glanced at his hand before glancing back up to stare at the three visitors. "It took all I had to keep that thing in check during that fight. That's why you can't let me out of this cell." He admitted truthfully. The plump policeman scratched his head and sighed in frustration. "For crying out loud... see what I'm talking about, Ma'am?" the officer referenced back to his comment about Jotaro being strange. "We tell him he can leave, but he refuses. Forgive me for asking, but is your son alright up there?" the officer pointed to his head, tapping it a few times. "This isn't a hotel!" The taller officer commented.

Suddenly, three people ran to the bars of the cell and reached out, shocking Jotaro's mother. "Please! Move us to another cell!" one of the men pleaded. "He's telling the truth!" another of the three men whined. "He's got something evil in him! It's horrible!" the other complained. "I won't commit a crime ever again!" they all started talking over each other. "All right, that's enough!" the tall officer took out his metal rod and hit the cell several times.

Jotaro used a pen and stabbed a can of soda. The noise of the foil tearing caused the three inmates to quiet down and observe. Jotaro cracked open the soda can, causing the liquid to gush out of the puncture he created. He gulped the soda down at once without any thought of being caught sneaking in items. "Hey! how did you sneak that in here?!" The plump officer yelled, pointing at Jotaro. Jotaro exhaled and crushed the empty can in his large hand. The three other inmates screamed in terror and retreated further away from him. "I told you, there is an evil spirit." Jotaro threw the can to the other side, and the magazine behind him suddenly floated towards him. "The spirit brings things to me," Jotaro seemed uninterested in having this conversation again. "He's still in! He's still in! he's still in!" The radio beside Jotaro suddenly started playing. The plump officer held onto the cell bars with wide eyes and an astonished gaping open mouth. "He's listening to a boombox and reading the latest chapter of 'Bungo Stray Dogs: Reminiscence of Nobody' on Shonen Jump!" The officer was shocked Jotaro could sneak such things in. "How is this possible? This is bad! what are we going to do?" The other added, just as shocked; the taller officer prepared to run out and call for backup. "Hold it!" Jotaro suddenly stood up, causing the officer to wait. "If you still think you can release me, let me show you how bad things could get," Jotaro took off his hat, revealing his curly black hair. Jotaro walked towards the prison cell bars, causing the officers to freak out. "So you'll have no doubt that letting me out is a terrible idea," Jotaro explained. Jotaro reached forward and stopped extending his arm; he closed one eye and stared at the policeman's gun with the other. It was as if he was locking on a target for the evil spirit to grab. Almost immediately, the weapon of the officer was taken, and the restrictive rope around the gun was broken. Before the officers could react, the gun was already securely in Jotaro's grasp.

"My gun! How could this have happened!?" The officer screamed with both hands up. "You didn't see it, did you? My evil spirit. in that case..." Jotaro lifted the gun to his head and cocked it back. "J-Jotaro!" His mother screamed in horror. Without a second of hesitation for his mother, Jotaro fired the gun at his head. Both officers, his mother, and the three inmates screamed at the sight with wide eyes and cold sweat. Jotaro panted as he stared at the bullet. He was also unsure if the evil spirit was capable of catching a bullet. "There is something behind me. Not long ago, it stuck itself onto me." He handed the gun back as the bullet dropped from midair. Jotaro's mother, although scared and surprised, seemed to be putting things together. "His grandpa, Joseph, has mysterious powers too... what is happening to my son?" These thoughts ran through Jotaro's mother's head