Episode 1 (Part 3)

BOR Cofffee and Wine

By the time Holly, Jotaro, Avdol, and Joseph exited the station, it was still early in the day. Tokyo's afternoon sky is a brilliant tapestry of captivating blue. The cerulean hue stretches across the horizon, adorned with soft, wispy clouds. Sunlight filters through, lighting the bustling city below with a warm golden glow. The vividness of the sky brings a sense of tranquility, contrasting against the urban landscape. It's a serene backdrop, inviting a moment of pause and reflection amidst the vibrant energy of Tokyo. The streets were bustling with cars and people, yet BOR Coffee and Wine's atmosphere seemed to draw the noise away as if they were never there.

The four sat at a round circular table, each with their own cup of coffee. The coffee shop was cozy and full of people; in the background, a young raven-haired girl was reading a book on dreams, there was a middle-aged man on a phone call, and a group of foreigners chatting away while drinking coffee. "Oh, thank goodness! Jotaro finally came out of his cell." Holly hugged her son's arm with a motherly, closed-eye smile. "God, you're annoying, you bitch" Jotaro responded callously, though he didn't move a muscle to push her away or harm her in any way. "Okay!" Holly smiled happily and continued to hug him. Joseph immediately grunted unhappily when he heard his Grandson disrespect his daughter. "Hey! How dare you address your own mother that way? And Holly, stop grinning at the boy!" Joseph pointed his index finger at Jotaro accusingly. "Okay!" Holly replied with the same tone but continued to cling to her son's arm. "Grandpa, tell me one thing... just one thing..." Jotaro moved his arm away from Holly and held out his index finger to signify his singular question. "How do you know all of this? Why do you know about the evil spirit, I mean, Stand? I don't get it." Jotaro proceeded to ask the million-dollar question. Joseph groaned in response and nodded before answering. It was as if he was organizing his thoughts before speaking on this thorny subject. "of course, that's why I made the trip from New York after all. I need to start from the beginning. This has to do with the Joestar family." He spoke earnestly, and his voice was filled with confidence about this subject. Holly listened and observed, occasionally making noises of acknowledgment or surprise; meanwhile, Jotaro was fully engaged in the conversation. "First, take a look at these pictures." Joseph held a small photo between his index and middle finger and slid the small paper photos across the table for Jotaro to look closer. The first photo was of a boat in the water park on a dock; the second was a large dark chest covered in barnacles and sea life on the boat's deck, and the third was a photo of the chest's interior, it had velvety red silk cushions but nothing else inside. Finally, the last photo contained a tiny detail on the chest's exterior; a name was engraved in gold, spelled DIO in all capital letters. "what is this?" Jotaro asked, staring at the photos on the table. "That's a hundred-year-old coffin pulled up from the Atlantic Ocean off the African Coast 4 years ago," Joseph explained as Jotaro picked up the photographs and carefully inspected each of them. "Coffin?" Jotaro questioned as he observed the second photo. Jotaro put down the pictures carefully, leaving the fourth photo on top of the rest. "I did my research and found it was on the passenger ship where my Grandfather, Jonathan Joestar, your great-great-grandfather, was killed," Joseph recalled the past, both Holly and Jotaro hummed in response, Holly showing signs of fear. Meanwhile, Jotaro showed signs of frustration. Joseph tapped the top photo of the name 'DIO' with his middle and index finger. "apparently, it was empty when they discovered it. But I know what lay inside! Avdol and I are trying to locate him as we speak." Joseph leaned towards Avdol and put a brotherly arm around the Egyptian man. "Him? Hold on... You make it sound like a person. Why would you call it something that's been at the bottom of the sea for years a 'him'?" Jotaro asked, Holly nodded in agreement. "He's evil incarnate!" Joseph retracted his arm from Avdol; he slammed the table with his open palm and stood up swiftly. "And his name is Dio!" Joseph spoke very passionately about this subject. "Awakened after a century of sleep, and it is our destiny to fight this man!" Joseph finally seemed to finish his dramatic preaching, which caught the attention of some bystanders nearby, including the young girl reading the book.