Chapter 64

After Newt and I got dressed we came to a room that was deadly silence.

I looked at everyone, but they all directed their eyes away from us. Everyone but Frypan who had the most disgusting look on his face.

"You all heard that, didn't you?"

I could hear the smirk on Newt who stood behind me.

"Heard that?" Frypan said. "Dude, it looked like we were next to you."

I blushed at that.

"And in a church, nothing to less."

I bit my lower lip and made my way towards Brenda and Gally.

"I am so happy that you thought I was dead." Gally began. "Now I wish I was dead."

I slightly hit him on his upper arm, but a smile made it on my lips.

It didn't take long after that, that I found myself in the middle of at least 15 busses with Brenda behind me.

"How are things over there?" I heard Gally say over the walkie talkie.

"We are here now, give us 5 minutes of silence." Brenda told him back and nodded her head to me.

I turned to look around a bus and saw two guards walking around. On the ceiling were different mirrors. It made it easier for the guards to take a good look around the place.

I waved my hand over to Brenda to follow me closely.

We silently, but quickly walked towards one of the busses.

There was a loud alarm sound and I instantly froze at that.

He knows, he knows they are in the building.

"Come on Cassie." Brenda grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind the bus.

I heard footsteps all around the bus, so I quickly pushed Brenda against the bus. Lifting a finger against my lips, silently telling her to not make a sound.

I looked to my right to see guards walking right past us.

I pushed Brenda further and into the bus. Brenda quickly took the wheel and we drove slowly towards the meeting point.

It didn't take long for Gally to turn up with the kids running behind them. My heart breaking when I saw a little girl no older than 10 years old.

They are getting desperate.

"Come on kids, let's go." I ushered them in.

"Where are they?" Brenda questioned Gally.

"They aren't with you?" He said confused.

I tied up my hair in a ponytail, ready to go with him to retrieve them.

"I am going with you, Gally."

"No." He said way too quickly. "You are here to stay with Brenda."

His eyes moved to Brenda and he raised his eyebrows at her. It didn't take me long to know they were communicating something with each other.

"Come on Cassie." She pulled my arm and I didn't fight her.

Even if I wanted to really bad, there is something no one is telling me and they changed the plan. I hate it that I have to follow it, or it might get messed up. All I want is for Newt to be safe, now even more knowing he probably has the flue.

I got in the bus and took a seat in the front.

We quickly drove away only for us to pass a fucking security guard. It was like it was in slow motion.

His eyes connecting with Brenda's and then the rest of the bus.

It wouldn't take long for them to intersect us, but that is where Frypan will come in the play.

We drove quickly through the streets. Sirens were all around us as Brenda pressed the gas harder.

"Hold on back there!" She yelled at us.

My sweaty hands held to the iron bar, sometimes slipping.

Brenda was a good driver though, but she did hit a fucking bus stop making me collide with the iron bar. I felt my cheek and I instantly knew that it would leave a bruise.

Brenda hit the brakes hard and I looked up to see us trapped. At least 5 cars were parked before us and maybe 20 guards held their guns up before us.

"Stay here." Brenda said, but her eyes were on me.

Really, what is up with everyone.

I stayed in the bus and I saw Brenda lifting up her pistol with the flare in it. As she shot it a big chain fell down from the sky and Brenda chained it against the bus.

I felt the bus move and it didn't take long before we were up in the sky.

The bus scraped the building and I held the bar as if it will just fly away. I heard the creaking sound of iron and I hitched my breath.

"Hold on!" Brenda screamed at us.

The gravity pulled us down and I closed my eyes when I felt the feeling of falling down. The children were screaming so loud that I almost didn't notice we were on the ground, safe and sound.

That was until I heard a loud booming sound.

I looked through the glass of the bus to see red clouds, which means only one thing.

I quickly ran out, but I got stopped by Brenda.

"You can't go."

"Please Brenda." I pleaded with her.

She looked at me for a while, sorrow in her eyes that I didn't understand.

"Go."