#14- Enhya of Deluthena

I run faster than I ever ran in my life, branches slap my face and graze my skin. Around me everything is blurry, the wind blows into my hair and my eyes become teary. My lungs are burning. I can barely feel the ground underneath me.

It feels way too long before the shape of the training grounds appears in front of me. I sprint even harder before entering the circle-shaped building.

I cross the surprised face of Lord Eiran who turns immediately in horror seeing the blood that stains my face and clothes. My legs can't take anything and I fall miserably on the floor.

"Raven! What happened!?"

"HELP! HELP ME! THERE IS AN INVATION!" I yell back trying to stand back.

My body is traveling with shivers as it tries to calm my shaky breath.

"Vidarr...h-he is st-still out t-there," I say feeling tears running down my cheek. "He h-he got shot b-by an arrow in h-his chest."

Around me, all the knights are already running around to gather their weapons and armor.

"Where?" asks my mentor with a controlled voice.

"S-Southern wall, it's the S-Scorpions guild."

"Damnit!" he curses, "Raven gathers the other students and tell them to shelter themselves to the Royal Palace. They will have to protect the nobles."

"Let me come with you!" I beg him. "I-I am a mercenary I will be useful!"

"No! You are a future knight and my student! You will do as I say. Do you understand?"

I stay silent pressing my lips together. He takes me by my shoulders and shakes me brutally.

"Do you understand?!"

"Yes," I say halfhearted.

He looks unsatisfied but turns around to blend in with the chaotic movements of the Royal Knight. I allow myself a last second of rest before getting up and running towards the Sienna Palace. I burst into the classes. Everyone looks at me with scared eyes in front of my bloody face and erratic panting.

"ATTACK, GO TO THE ROYAL PALACE!" I scream before running to the other classroom.

Arlette grabs my arm and drags me to the stables, "You are witness. You are going to go with me to the Council."

"What are talking about," I ask getting a saddle of a bench.

"We have to warn the Council, they will send back up to the Royal Knights."

She opens the door and reveals a bluish-grey. She jumps on her horse and starts galloping.

"How are we going to get a meeting with the most important people of the castle?" I ask catching her.

"The Minister of the finances is my father."

She grins at me but her smile doesn't reach her eyes. She gives a quick kick at her horse before gaining a rapid speed.

When the soldiers notice us we don't give them much explanation. Arlette starts screaming her name before throwing her blazon at their head. I don't slow down and jump off Kamari before entering the entrance of the Royal Palace