2. My Brother Is The Best Tracker

After leaving the Atlanta camp, we came across a road. We had to stop due cars crossing our path. And we decided to stay here for a while. So Dale and Rick could moved the cars. And the rest of us could take a quick peek around for supplies, clothes or anything else useful we can find.

I followed behind Carl and glanced around, to see if there was anything interesting to even look at.
Before we could make it far Lori stopped us and stood up.

"Carl, Joo.. always within my sight okay?" Lori said softly. Giving us both her signature smile.

Me and Carl both nodded in response, before we kept walking around, opening random cars. Carl looked back at me and opened one the car doors. "Let's see if we can find anything.." Carl mumbled as he leaned over into the seat. I gave him a light chuckle and peeked over the cars, only to see Rick running towards us. I furrow my eyebrows and feel Rick spin me around.

He looked into my eyes and kept a firm grip on my shoulder. Carl stood up out of the car and looked at us in confusion.

"Listen to me." Rick started as he caught both of our attention. "I need you two to be quiet and get under this car, you understand?" Rick asks us.

I share a look with Carl and quickly nod before moving under the car with Carl.

"Lori! Under the car! Now!" Rick whisper yelled before he picked up his pace and got down under one of the cars himself.

Glenn was nearby and made his way over to us. He placed his arms around us both to make sure we'll stay quiet. "Ssst, be quiet." Glenn whispered. Me and Carl looked back at him and didn't say anything back as the walkers started to stumble past the cars.

I have never seen a herd this big. I started to tremble a bit, since i wasn't really comfortable. I wasn't wearing a long sleeve, and my elbows were hurting on the asfalt.

"Just be quiet and everything will be alright, okay?" Glenn whispered in my ear and placed his hand on my elbow to prevent me from hurting too much.

Glenn and i got really close over the past few weeks, he's definitely my favorite person out of the group, even out of my two brothers.

I let out a soft sigh and kept my lips firmly against eachother, not wanting to make any unnecessary noises or whatsoever to draw attention from the walkers surrounding us.

After about ten minutes most of the herd seemed to be gone. I glance over at my sides to make sure there were no walker left. My eyes wandered over at Sophia infront of us. She turned around once to see if there were any walkers nearby, before getting up. Not checking her other side.

"Sophia do-" I tried to warn her, but Glenn quickly placed his hand over my mouth. "Joo." He firmly said and glanced down at me.

I look over at my side, and saw that Rick noticed too. 'Thank god.' I think to myself. Rick got up and went after her to try and help her, while the rest of us stay behind.

"What do we do?!" Carl asked softly. "There is nothing we can do, let your father handle this alright?" Glenn replied.

Carl sighed and slowly got up, followed by me and Glenn. And eventually the others.

After half an hour, Rick came back. Without Sophia.

I turn towards Rick and felt a huge knot growing in my stomach. Carol let's go of my hand, after i tried to reassure her that Rick will find her, and runs up to Rick.

"Where is she!" Carol cried.
"They didn't get to her, i promise. I'll find her." Rick answered calmly, trying not to make her even more upset.

Carl and i sat down on one of the cars, listening to what the others were saying. Carl took a deep breath and looked over at me.

"I should've followed them." Carl started.
I looked back at him, shaking my head.
"Are you crazy? I know you want to help Sophia, but that would be stupid Carl." I answered.
"I know, but now i feel bad that i didn't do anything." He replied.

"There was nothing you could do, we'll find her. My brother is the best tracker." I raised my eyebrows and let out a chuckle.

Carl chuckled aswell and nodded.
"You're right.." He smiled.

After an hour of waiting for Sophia to make her way back, Rick, Shane and Daryl decided to go back into the woods to go look for her.

In the meantime Andrea, Dale and Glenn moved the cars. Me and Carl just sat alongside Carol so she wouldn't feel so alone.

"It's late, gonna be dark soon." Carol whispered to herself. "They'll find her." Andrea said, who was standing near us. Carol stayed silent and just nodded.

I kept my eyes on the woods, hoping Andrea was right. I didn't know Sophia that much, but still it would break my heart if something happened to her.

About a minute later Rick and Daryl appeared in the distance. Without Sophia, again. I looked over at Carol, who made her way towards them, tears running down her cheeks.

"You.. didn't find her?" Carol asked softly trying to hold back her tears, eventhough she failed miserably.
"Her trail went cold.." Rick answered. "We'll pick it up again first light." He added.
"You can't leave my daughter out there on her own!" Carol said. "To spend her night there in the woods." Carol softly added.

"Out in the dark's no good." Daryl said firmly."We'd just be tripping over ourselves. More people get lost." He said.
"But she's 9, she can't be out there on her own!" Carol cried. "Y-you didn't find anything?" She asked.

"I know this is hard, but i'm asking you not to panic.." Rick said softly putting his hand on Carol's shoulder. "We know she was out there." He said. "And we tracked her for a while." Daryl added. Carol looked at Daryl and looked at his hands. "Is that.. is that blood?!" She gasped. "We took down a walker." Rick answered. Carol sat down and closed her eyes. "Oh god.." She whispered. "How could you.. Just leave her out there if the first place!" Carol said followed by a glare towards Rick.

Rick stared at the ground and said nothing.
"How could you, just leave her!" Carol raised her voice. "There were two walkers, i had to draw them away.. it was my only option." Rick answered. Carol said nothing and cried while Lori rubbed her back, trying to calm her down a bit.
—————————————————————————

AAAA GUYS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I HAVE READ THIS SO MANY TIMES AND IT STILL SEEMS A BIT OFF TO ME, I PROMISE IT'S GOING TO GET BETTER BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO START A FREAKING STORY HELLO?