two | scadie

"It's piping hot inside. Why don't we go to the beach today?" Charlie asked as he walked back to us here in the backyard. He sat on the bench next to his girlfriend. "My friend's house is by the beach. He offered for us to check it out anytime."

"I'm in," Maya replied.

"Shouldn't we wait for Sadie, Jamie, and Joseph to arrive first, though?" I asked, leaning on Joe's chest since I was on top of him.

"We will. Did Sadie text you?" he returned.

I hummed. "She said they're on their way home," I replied and he nodded in return. I shifted my body to the side to face Maya. "Are you still not done with that book?"

"Almost. I'm quite attached to this," she responded.

We all continued chattering about our schedules for the next months in the backyard for a few minutes until Millie, Noah, Levon, and Finn arrived back from their little shopping spree, as Millie calls it. She didn't bring much of her clothes so they decided to accompany her to the town to grab some before she used all of her clothes. That girl's too lazy to do her own laundry.

They were told about Charlie's beach plans and without so much as slight hesitation, they agreed. Of course, they will. Noah's literally screaming at the scorching heat. He'd do anything to wind up.

"I'm starving." Finn slumped in the chair in front of us, pouting a little bit. "Do we have any food left from last night?"

"Unfortunately not," Maya replied, shutting her book close since she wouldn't even be able to focus on the loud chatting next to her. "Jamie and Joseph ate the leftovers earlier."

"All of them?"

"Yes. All of them." I answered. "Don't worry, Sadie's gonna- oh, speaking of. Hi, Sadie!"

I pushed myself up from Joe's chest, earning a groan from him. I am quite heavy, not going to lie. When I started to run over to meet Sadie, he even shouted after me, telling me to slow down or I'd bump my head. I guess Joe's mommy mode switched on.

"Hi." Sadie cooed as I engulfed her in a tight bear hug.

She only wrapped her left arm around my shoulder since the other's occupied with Doritos, a Coke, and three boxes of pizza. You can say that she's my genie. Granting my wishes here and there even if she totally opposes it.

After our long hug, Sadie pressed a soft kiss on my forehead, handing me what she had. I thanked her while grinning like an idiot to see that it was a Hawaiian-flavoured pizza. Some people might think it's weird but it's my favorite so, fuck what they think.

"You really took note, huh?" I grinned, facing her so I could stare right into her oceanic blue eyes. "Thank you, baby."

"Anything for you, cutie. There's really no need to thank me for anything as long as it means you're taking care of yourself," she replied with a small genuine smile before Joseph and Gaten came over to us.

"Hey, boys." I greeted, bumping shoulders with Joseph since all my hands were full. "How was your fitting?"

"All good, thanks for asking, kid." He returned and raised his hand to play with my hair. "What are you two girls still doing here? I heard Charlie's going to ask us something or whatever."

"I was just greeting Sades," I answered and the latter nodded. "Gaten, how was the gym?"

He shrugged. "Fine. Caleb enjoyed it the most, though. You should've heard all of this moaning he was giving out."