three | dumb

The sound of the waves crashing into the shore suddenly made me realize that I missed the beach. I haven't had the chance to go to the beach often since New York is basically just full of tall buildings and our place is too far from the beach. I can't drive yet so I stay in the city most of the time.

The last time I went was when we visited Malibu three years ago. It's sad.

Sadie and I sat next to Gaten and Lizzy. The two girls immediately fell into their usual deep conversation while Gaten and I started kicking sand towards the ones who sat opposite us, which is Finn and Caleb. They're so mature that they decided to ignore us.

"Your friend is hella rich." We heard Joe comment as he and Maya walked to our side. "He got tons of Bugatti right there, man."

"Yeah. Their family kinda owns some grocery stores back all over England. It's pretty popular." Charlie replied, fanning for the fire for our grill. 

"He was a big fan of my sister," I joined in. "He made me sign his folklore album."

Maya chuckled at me, "Still can't believe you helped on writing her masterpieces."

"Why's that?"

"Well, you act clueless and dumb most of the time. I know you're hella smart but you kinda don't give off the vibes to me sometimes," Maya explained and sat on the space next to Sadie. "You surprised me when I saw your name on it."

I snorted, putting my hand on Sadie's lap to let it rest. "It's just mostly what I blabber out of nowhere that she thinks is so perfect to become a lyric. But what can I say? I'm full of surprises. I'm not just another dumb blonde."

"Hey, why don't we write a song together?" Joe chimed in. Hies eyes sparkled at his new idea. "You, me, Maya."

"Caleb, too," I said, bending over to see Caleb turning at us. He furrowed his brows in confusion. "We're thinking of writing songs together"

He grinned. "That's a pretty good idea. You can count me  in."

"But I'm not gonna join in when it comes to singing, okay?" I made sure just in case they were thinking I'd be singing as well. That is never going to happen in a million years.

Joe gave me a wincing face, "Why?"

"Yes, why? You literally have a naturally good voice." Maya backed up.

"I feel uncomfortable hearing my voice publicly," I shrugged, turning to look at Sadie. She is too immersed in her own conversation to even hear what we are talking about. "If you want, Sadie can anytime sing my part for me, you know."

"Okay? But, let's see, okay? Maybe you'll change your decision in the future." Joe pushed and I could only roll my eyes at him.

"Guys," Charlie called, causing us to look up. "I need a little help."

"What's up?" I answered.

"We ran out of some peppers and soy sauce— and some ice, too. Can some of you go grab some?" he softly asked, as if we're gonna say no to him. He's always like this.

I turned to the side to look at Sadie and she's finally looking back at me. I shot her a questioning look and she nodded back at me, seemingly getting what I was just telepathically telling her. She and I stood up from the sand together.

"Sadie and I can go," I told him.

He breathed out in relief. "Thank you," he stated before grabbing his wallet. "Here—"

"Oh, no, no, no." I stopped, pushing back the money that he was about to hand us. "You keep that, this one's on me."

"Okay? But your gas," he said, furrowing his brows.