Part 1

Mara grumbled to herself while gathering her belongings. "I'm really scared... what if no one likes me at the school?" she murmured. "Mara! Get your stuff and come on! We need to get to the airport!" her mother called out. Mara dashed from her room, exclaiming, "I'm here, I'm here!" as she joined her mom. "Calm down, Mara. Put your things in the car," her mom instructed, stepping outside to assist. Mara followed, and soon all her items were loaded into the car. During the drive, Mara listened to random songs, while Jackie, her mother, smiled, full of hope for her daughter. Arriving at the airport, they met Jackie's ex-husband, Jackson, who was there to return the car. "Oh, hi Dad!" greeted Mara, unloading her luggage. "Hey," Jackson replied, taking the car keys from Jackie. He wished them fun, unaware that Mara was off to boarding school, not a vacation. "Mhm, see you later," Jackie responded, focusing on Mara's luggage. Inside, Mara asked, "Momma, does Dad know I'm going to boarding school?" "No, he doesn't. I don't want him to fuss about it," Jackie answered, scanning the airport. "Oh, okay then," Mara accepted. Later, aboard the plane, both drifted to sleep. Upon awakening, they awaited the plane's descent. Once landed, they disembarked and headed to the school for Mara to locate her dorm and classrooms. Mara was a mix of excitement and nerves about the new school. After unpacking in her dorm room and settling on her new bed, two students entered, greeting her with a hello and introducing themselves as Maki and Andy. They spent a few hours chatting, discovering they shared the same classes. All three shared a passion for art, which led to their placement in the school's art program. They were pleased to have each other's support. As night fell, Mara remarked, "Well, I guess it's time for us to rest; tomorrow will be a long day." Maki and Andy concurred, with Maki whispering a gentle "Good night to you too," and Andy chiming in with a cheerful "Night!" Then, all three settled down to sleep.