Part 4

"Good morning, guys!" exclaimed Mara. "Morning," Andy replied, grabbing a glass of water. "I'm going to check on Maki, be right back!" Mara announced as she headed to Maki's room. After knocking, she said, "Alice made breakfast, Maki! Take your time, okay? No need to rush back to school." Maki opened the door, "Thanks, Mara. Tell Alice I'll eat later, okay? I'm going to shower first." "Okay!" Mara smiled, stepping aside for Maki. In the kitchen, Mara informed Alice, "Maki will eat later; he's showering now." "Okay," Alice responded, placing Mara's plate on the table. Mara began eating. Once finished, she dressed in her running attire, filled her water bottle, and placed it in her bag. Heading to the door, she announced, "I'm off for a run!" "Be safe!" Alice called out. Mara closed the door behind her and started her run. Eventually, she stopped at a store within the school's self-contained city designed for student safety. Inside, she found a book on LGBTQ+ topics among other items. After purchasing them, she thanked the employee, who responded with a smile, "You're welcome, dear." Mara resumed her run, returning to her dorm. "I'm back!" she declared, entering and closing the door behind her. In her room, she unpacked her purchases, disposed of the bag, and grabbed fresh clothes. Turning off her bedroom light, she headed to the bathroom. "I'm taking a shower!" she announced before closing the door and starting the water. Once done, she dressed and stepped out of the bathroom. Mara picked up the book she had purchased and began reading. After a while, she started to question her identity, pondering, "Am I transgender?" Eventually, she reached a conclusion, affirming, "I am pansexual and transgender, and I use he/him pronouns. I want to go by the name Max!" he realized with joy. Feeling tired, he thought, "I guess it's time for bed." He was grateful that his mom had bought him gender-neutral clothing, which she referred to as such. Yawning once more, he turned off the light, settled into bed, and drifted off to sleep.