Island In The Sun

The further we ventured through the trees, the more Poppy fangirled over BroZone. Branch watched her the entire time with hearts in his eyes. I can't wait to show Poppy all of the old photo albums now that she knows about his brothers.

"Branch and Poppy sittin' in tree~" I teasingly sang to Branch. Making fun of him was so easy considering he was so in love with his girlfriend, and that he wouldn't dare lay a finger on me when I provoked him.

"If you finish that song, I will drop you."

"You love her, you love her, you really really lo-" Branch lifted his arms making me plummet to the ground.

"Owww-uh! Rude."

"I warned you." Branch put his hand out to help me get up and I grabbed it with a scowl. All of us kept walking and chatting until John backed into a weird, orange, rope-like wall. My eyebrow lifted and the wall turned around quickly to reveal it was actually a Vacaytioner. We were all startled and it made us jump up with a scream.

"Woah! What do we got here? Welcome to Vacay Island. Where every day is a vacay." The yellow and orange Vacaytioner wiggled his arm to resemble waves. I peeked my head over the ledge to see a bunch of young Vacaytioner children rock climbing. As we descended the rock wall, everyone on the beach started singing.

Hey, hey~ When you're on a holiday~

We were passed by large Vacaytioners playing frisbee and volleyball whilst they sang their insanely catchy song. I felt a glass drop into my hand and looked up to see two beachball... bird... creatures? My lips touched the drink that was in the glass and I took a sip. I could feel my eyes widening at the flavor. It was a cool refreshing strawberry-flavored drink and strawberries are my all-time favorite fruit. There was no alcohol in it, so I'm presuming this is a mocktail. I kept taking sips of my new favorite drink and continued walking around with the rest of the group.

You can't find the words to say~ On an island in the sun~

Memories of coming here with Branch and his grandma started flooding back. That time I tried teaching Branch how to surf when I knew damn well that I couldn't either. When he buried me in the sand while I was asleep because I knocked over his sand castle with my volleyball. I smiled recalling all of those good times and looked up to see Branch holding Poppy's hand. Wow, he's really grown up.

We'll be playing, having fun~ And it makes me feel so fine I can't control my brain~

Those birds then came back to start rapping and they dropped another mocktail into my hands which made me light up. I definitely need to find out who has the recipe for this masterpiece because I will in fact be drinking this every day now. We were now stopped in front of the water and saw a troll surfing while singing his part of the song.

Sailing, takes me away~

He had long thick purple hair, a black and white flower print shirt that was open to reveal his stomach, white shorts, and- holy shit, that's Spruce!? Poppy's straw fell out of her mouth as she held up an old photo of him to compare the two. That was for sure him. Wow, he's really changed too. Makes me wonder how Floyd looks now.

To where I've always heard it could be~

My body swayed back and forth to the beat of his song. It was quite good but to be fair, Spruce was my personal preference when it came to vocals, other than Floyd of course. It's making me happy to see him so relaxed and not doing a hardcore workout 24/7.

Just a dream and the wind to carry me~ And soon I will be free~

Spruce hopped off his surfboard and onto the beach. He walked into a building that had a neon sign saying "Bruce and Sons & One Daughter Cantina". John led our little group and we all chased after him in order to catch up with Spruce before he got away. When we made it into the building, Spruce was writing stuff down on a clipboard he had picked up. "Lenny, seaweed floats are almost out!" "Thanks, boss!"