First meet with captain cool

Pez's POV

We reached the ground for first practice session

We reached the ground for first practice session. I was really looking forward for it because u guys just know it already. Me & Sophie reached the ground and the scene was not something i was expecting. Smriti was rigorously practicing in nets and was dripping in sweat which means that she was present here for a long period of time. The concentration she had while playing was something i admire & shes so into it that she probably have not noticed us.

We both went towards her
Sophie " hey Smriti how u doing mateee"
It was like her trance was broken
Smriti " oh hey am good what about u" she asked making eye contact with me and shitt how could such beautiful doe eyes be so cold but it makes me feel fuzzy feeling in pit of my stomach.
Sophie "we are good so when did you arrive?"
Smriti " a while ago"
And suddenly our conversation came to end as other players enter the field. The coach then started the training and like this our entire session went in blur. then we were called for a team meeting in the afternoon.

In the meeting room

Coach " so guys we had a discussion about all the rules and obligations and strategies that we need for the coming matches and after a long discussion about who will lead the team we have come on decision that miss Samriti Mandhana would be leading this years time a big round of applause for her. Come and say some words Miss Mandhana."
Smriti " Um thank you to the management for showing so much confidence in me and I would say I will not be captain but I'll try to become a leader and together we all can make RCB reach the greatest heights that it deserves, our main focus should only be betterment of team & i believe we would achieve that so yea thats it thank you" she said that in her usual serious and non-nonsense face

damn Miss Mandana it looks like you are not going to leave my mind soon, but I am looking forward for this. I got this chance and I'm gonna grab it to get to know you more and reveal your personality that you keep so private so hidden, you are someone that the world needs to know about I don't know why but I think it like that there is so much behind behind your facade going on. I hope I would be able to keep up , I don't know I think you could be a great friend when you open up I just have this feeling so I'm gonna try my best to break your high walls that u have build around your heart.

Smriti POV

I was already informed about the whole captaincy thing beforehand & I will give my best for it as i said in the meeting

I was already informed about the whole captaincy thing beforehand & I will give my best for it as i said in the meeting. I was currently going back to my room when i was met by two of youngsters from my team Shreyanka and Richa.
"hey why are u guys blocking my path right now?"
Shreyanka " um didi we wanted to know that can u teach us some bating techniques we adore your bating style so could you plz help us out by teaching it"
"Ah sure tomorrow before traning session." They thanked me went away

Next day..
I woke up did my morning routine and went to have breakfast in the dinning hall.
Only couple of people were present there. Suddenly someone came and sat in front of me i looked up and it was Ellyse Perry. Its my first time seeing her this close she's really beautiful with cute smile and brightest blue eyes that make me wanna drown in them all day. She has captivating aura.

"Hey mate how u doing" she asked
"Ah im great what about u" I replied
"Me too, so Miss Mandhana how does it feel to be the captain of team in such a big tournament that too in inaugural season of WPL." Shes asked curiously
" Thats a lot of pressure especially being part of such a big franchise but i believe in our team as there are some really good players." I responded
" U will do great don't worry"
" um yea was this the only reason u sat with me leaving ur group over there"
" no i just wanted to tell u that if u ever need any sort of help, everyone is ready to comply with." I noded
" can i ask you something?" I hummed
" are u really emotionless or are u little scared to show your real face to the world as u are scared of rejection?"she questioned
(i chuckled slightly Pez looked at Smriti chuckling and god it was a sight to hold)
" Im not obligated to respond to you am i and secondly even if i emotionless person it wont be evident on field and i will try my best to communicate at that point of time other than that some keep any sort of mingling Expectations from  me outside the grounds. And miss Perry dont poke your nose in my business or else the results will be shocking for anyone who dares to cross me."

Oh i know a tad bit dramatic but i have to i can see that her eyes hold some sort of curiosity to know me better or to uncover my deep buried secrets. So i have to maintain distance from her.

So this was the first meet of our captain and best player of the world. Lets see what has life stored for them.