Chapter 1

The dream

The room that had once felt warm suddenly felt cold as Aristella laid in the pool of blood, her blood, with the knife stuck between her chest, her hair must of blended in perfect with the blood. Above her was the beautiful room painting of the 10 jewels of Kalin, the golden jewel in the middle, bold and outstanding. It must have been her own imagination to assume it would be her, all because she was the golden jewel.

A figure moved over her dying body,
"All you had to do was leave him with me! Look what you've done to yourself! This is your fault!" Screamed the figure, woman whilst pulling the knife from her chest and diving it into her heart. She blue eyes bright and filled with a sort of insanity and anger. Aristella softly wince, her lungs were on fire, snuffing the little remaining air in her. The 7 stab wounds on her chest took the last remaining bit of life in her. The pain she had felt...did she feel it? Perhaps not. She couldn't tell. Her body began to feel numb and cold. Her breaths fill with blood instead of air as she choked. The woman screamed again, leaving the knife in her heart this time, perhaps she thought 8 stabs would do the finishing job. She didn't have to do any more than she did now. Aristella silently took her last breaths.

Then she had a dream, yet the dream was one she lived. She had finally found her happiness, right?
'I did, right? I married the love of my life. , she thought. Memories started to flood her teary golden eyes. Her wedding. With the crown prince. Her love and her best friend, Tris Amrin of Kalin. After she had begged her family, it was finally happening. The smile on her face could buy the world itself. Her white dress was decorated in small golden jewel, with a golden crescent embroidered in the centre oh the dress. Her golden crown rested elegantly on her blood red hair, her light bronze skin glistened. The dress hugged her curves beautiful. The eyes of everyone where widened in awe at her beauty and grace.
Tus Stella Luciu Lunat Luxre,
the Golden Star of the Golden Moon, Aristella Lucius. She embodied her ancestry name effortlessly.
She's walked slowly to her groom who waited for her at the alter. His green eyes look at her with a faint smile on his beautifully handsome face, his tanned skin and black hair was neatly rested with his sliver crown resting on his head. He extended his hand to her as she stepped on the pedestal and faced the priest.
"Alutu meari farimal'è kest trûvas, the day meets night.."
she looked at her groom, he look ahead with a bleak face. Her heart skipped. 'It's ok, he'll love me. I know he will.'

The dream changed.
The dinner table was long , with 12 seats on each side and two head seats at each end. Aristella sat on one side while Tris sat on the other end, 24 seats away from her. The silence felt thick and heavy.
"How was your day today, Tris?"
"It was ok." He silently cut through his food.
"I met with the young noble ladies today, quite a number who of marriageable age. I think we should perhaps host a royal ball to...."
Tris stood up from his seat, light bowed and left, while his attendant Jass followed behind. Before he closed the door, he bowed at her an apologetic gaze. She bit her lower lips then took a long breath, stood from her seat and left.
The dream changed. A young lady in a lily purple dress walked with excitement next to the Emperor, Elliana? Was that her name, Aristella asked herself , barely entertained. Tris seemed to entice and indulge the young lady, she was a beauty of innocence, brunette long hair, beautiful blue eyes and a body that didn't match her innocence. She smiled brightly at Tris. Aristella continued on her way and headed to her room to change for dinner.

"This dress would capture his majesty's eyes, why not wear it?" Her ladies in waiting said as they picked out a ddress for her. It was a yellow silk dress with a low neck seam, simple yet elegant, with frills as the end of the sleeves. She got up and let her ladies in waiting dress her.
"Even if I were to wear this dress, I'd best believe his eye would not be available as his mind would be running with thought of the young lady of Count Niro. His majesty has no interest in me. He merely wishes to sire an heir with me then I ought have no use to him. Isn't that right," she turned to the door and there stood Tris silently, "Your majesty?"
Her ladies in waiting gasp and lowered their heads. Aristella looked him dead in the eyes, half naked and exposed. He cleared his throat, "I wish to speak with you in private. "
She waved her attendants and they all quickly left the room. She grabbed the nearest robes and dressed herself, "To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence? "
"It's it not a norm for a husband to see his wife?"
"Tis a norm you've come to learn after 5 years I must say."
"I wish to speak of the young lady..."
"I'll allow it. Make her your mistress. Make sure that she and I are in no relations whatsoever. Ahh, and I am in my week, best we get it over and done with an conceive a child so you may live freely from me."
"Would you please at least hear me..."
"Hear the reason? I do not wish to know, your majesty. Whatever title you bestow on her will be of your choice. I will bestow her in public. After all, you are he who reigns. I believe we have a dinner to attend. I shall see you then. We may discuss when we shall make a child."
Tris looked at her in guilt and no words. It broke her even more but she refused to let him bask in her pain. She was the empress. She would keep her pride. He left silently. Her naive self had long died and what was left was the shell of the young girl she had put in this place.