Chapter Three

Shiloh is measured by Olivander from shoulder to finger. Wrist to elbow, shoulder to feet, knee to armpit and then around his head. Which he does find strange, as he raises an eyebrow. It didn't make sense for purchasing a simple wand. Though it doesn't bother him as much as his boredom. Not to mention the measuring tape is measuring him on its own.

"Every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance." Ollivander announces, but Shiloh deduces it's more for him than it is for Madison. "We use unicorn hairs, phoenix tail feathers and the dragons' heartstrings. No two Ollivander wands are the quite same. Just as no two unicorns, phoenixes or dragons are quite the same." Shiloh glances at Madison with drooping eyes. She chuckles a bit and pats him on the back. Ollivander carefully holds a wand to Shiloh. "Right then, Mister Black... Try this one. Hornbeam wood and unicorn hair. Eight inches... You can take it and give it a wave." Shiloh takes the wand into his hand. He flicks the wand. A few boxes with wands shoot from their shelves and at Madison's head. Luckily, she ducks down.

"Not that one!" Madison exclaims through gritted teeth, running her fingers through her hair. The wand is given back to Ollivander, as the man whispers to himself and opens another box.

"Alder wood with a phoenix feather core. Nine inches." Ollivander informs him. "Nice and deep-rooted." Shiloh seizes the wand. A distinct pleased whisper emanates from the back of his mind. With it, a warm feeling flows throughout his entire being. Shiloh waves the wand through the air. Green, purple and gold fireworks erupt from the tip of the wand. As it moves and the fireworks dance around him. "If only every customer were this easy to place." He takes the wand back from Shiloh's grasp. He places it into a box before he wraps it in brown paper. Madison hands over seven gold galleons to Ollivander. She then takes the wrapped wand box and leads Shiloh out of the store.

"He was weird, right?" Shiloh inquires with his aunt. Madison hums a little and shifts her body toward an inn. "Are we staying at a hotel?" He gives her a look. She scoffs with a smirk.

"Ofcourse not." Madison responds with a playful, sarcastic roll of her eyes. "There's this magical item known as a portkey. It's basically a portal. The portkey here is supposed to take you home, or wherever feels like home." Madison pushes the doors open. Shiloh behind her. The inn's clerk clears her throat. Peering down at Madison from behind her glasses lens. Madison scrunches her nose. Digging into her pocket and giving the clerk four gold galleons.

"Kids are two gold galleons." She informs Madison. Earning a huff from Shiloh. Madison gives him two galleons. She motions towards the clerk. Shiloh, albeit with reluctance gives the gold galleons to the clerk. She smiles and leads them to a dart board. "Safe travels." Madison gifts her a sarcastic smile and turns to Shiloh.

"On three, touch the board..." Shiloh stands beside Madison. "One. Two." She glances at Shiloh. "Three." With that, two hand touch the dart board and they are spinning. Shiloh manages to balance himself, only just, when he is thrown from the portkey.