How much the earth means to me

My life used to be so dark, and cold. I would block out any warmth I felt, any light. I've learned to leave my window closed. But once I went outside I could feel the warm sun and his heat. He made me feel good.

When the rain came, i wondered, where did the sun go? I thought he'd left forever. But the rain and clouds showed me that the sky is always there, but the sky needs to cry too. I've learned patience from the sky and his emotions.

I felt the soil and noticed how rough it is, how dirty it makes me feel. I look at the soil and say "What have they done to you to make you like this? " The ground says, "I may look rough and dirty, but i grow the food that you feed off of, and the flowers you pick for your bouquets." She shows me how selfish I am.

"Why don't you love me like you love the sky? " She says. "I've done so much for you. I've let you dug holes into me, and step on the grass that I grow." I feel the ground, "That won't make you any less dirty. " The sky cries the next day, and the grass is still dirty. "Where is my sun? " The sun would bring me flowers and warmth. The sun would show me how good I am. "We are all earth, " the ground says, "Why do you treat us so differently? "

I pause. "You're dirty, The sky is not. Your dark, the sky is not. You're ugly. The sky is not." The ground shakes and breaks. I don't care to hurt her feelings. It's the truth. "Your selfishness, it hurts me." "How could you bring flowers without rain? How could you be warm without sun?" I question. "How could you feed without ground? How could you breathe without trees? How could you walk without earth?"

I sit in my own silence, enjoying the bright sun on a sunny day. "I love you sky, how much you have done for me." The sun turns to me, "Why do you appreciate the sun so much more than the earth? Because of its beauty? Because of its warmth?" The earth has brought me gratitude and fairness.