Chapter 54

Carina's POV

After roaming around feeling like a headless chicken for 2 years, killing every living being that tried to harm Magdalena, I am finally back. 

I know we could not hide forever, that the problem will always come after us, so I deleted that problem, blood was spilled, lives ended, the family I thought was my family, gone, no longer roaming this world, I could still hear their pleas, apologizing for the things they did.

I was able to see the wrong doings of them, I was blinded for hundreds of years, and I feel so dumb for not thinking why there are a lot of enemies, why I constantly need to be thrown outside the castle to fight off rogues, to make sure that everyone is safe.

Turns out they were just trying to get in, to get revenge for what was done that should not have been done. 

They were time when I hated myself, that maybe this is what I am and what I will be but seeing that fading picture of Magdalena that I kept with me, I know I am meant to be more, and I will be more, for her. 

Because she is where I belong.

Why did I not question them more when I ask them to let me out of that world, and they kept saying that they were afraid that I would never return, that I would find something that I would choose over them, guess they were right though, I did find that something that made me turn to them.

The truth.

Alaric? 

He has his family now, ruling our realm the way he was meant to be, he was crowned King while I roam the world looking for my so-called father so managed to escape my wrath.

The black magic is getting the best of me though, I want death, I need to kill, that hunger for murder, the need to end someone's life because it's the only thing that made sense to me. 

I was called the 'The Black Magic Bearer' which I find pathetic.

I was becoming a monster that's why for those 2 years I never tried to look for the woman who is the bane of my existence, the reason I keep on surviving, even though I have died for three times now. I keep coming back to life.

Because I promised.

I will come back to you no matter what.

My hand caresses her skin, she feels surreal, her face has changed, her body has become weaker and the way she speaks seems so heavy for her, like all those lonely 2 years have drained the life out of her and I know the reason is me.

"I'll bring you back to life." I whispered. My voice is low and sounds like a maniac as I feel her sleeping form shudder, as if an electric sensation course through her core, I still have an effect on her.

A smirk grew in my lips as I heard Magdalena whimper.

I pretended to not know anything, that I have lost my memories, but I'd be damned if I kept pretending that I do not want her near me.

I couldn't take it, the pain is unbearable, and I could only hear Keiran's lecture on me, I'm older than her, stronger than her, but the Queen was there when I was losing my mind, when I tried to massacre all of the people in a prison.

They knew as a newborn vampire and someone who has taken a black magic, my demonic needs are there, uncontrollable. I did not even try to control it.

I love the feeling. I feel no remorse for what I did, I was relentless, insatiable and you could not keep me lock behind doors. I would just destroy that.

Now, the question, would Magdalena still want to have me if she knew everything I had done?

She sounded deep in sleep now as we laid there, on her bed, with the dim light of her lamp, I could see all of the pictures in the wall, memories and feelings flooded me.

It swells my non beating heart to know I was not the only one who's miserable, though I never wanted to cause misery on her.

I know of her depression, I know of her lack of support emotionally, mentally and physically.

"Thank you for believing in me. For holding into my promise." I whispered lowly.

I read every Tikbalangs mind here, they were telling her I would not return, that it is time to let go. That it is time to actually just move on, and I know she was starting to believe them, I'm glad I came back just in time.

Magdalena.

A beautiful name for a beautiful lady.

Carina?

I frown hearing Keiran's voice in my head. I respect the Queen, but I know she's dying to go back to her family.

Leave.

I made sure she knows I mean it.

No words were ever exchange in my mind anymore as I heard her people started to move and a couple of seconds, no vampires was around anymore, except for me.

The tikbalangs sounded asleep, I'd thank them for taking good care of my Magdalena for all those years. I know Filipinos would never fail my request.

Thank you.

I was able to penetrate inside their heads, right now I'm probably the strongest being that ever walked on earth and as the time pass by though, I know the black magic will come off the more I stay with Magdalena and since I am turned into a vampire, I would still be immortal.

Would Magdalena still want to become a vampire? I could only hope she'd say yes.

I made sure to state to one of my lawyers to make her my wife, I was making sure that everything I own will be on her name, billions of billions would be hers if I ever died, which I know would never happen.

A sudden intake of breath occurred when I feel Magdalena's hand cupped my cheeks, her hand trailed down my neck and stayed there, her delicate hands rested on my neck softly as I tried not to move, I don't want to wake her up, I know she's been having a hard time staying asleep.

Right now, I know she's deep into her sleep, her heartbeat is calm, steady and I'm loving the rhythm of it.

I would definitely miss the music, the melody it creates once I turned her into someone like me, if she says yes, I will never force her into doing something.

My hand trailed from her cheeks, down to her neck. I touched her collarbone that seems deeper, we definitely need to fill her weight now, I hope that since I am here now, she can slowly go back to being healthy.

I touched her shoulder, trailing down to her arm as I lifted her hand and kissed the back of it, feeling the tears finally came.

My heart aches for all the years she was not beside me, not in my arms to hold her or be held by her, for I yearn for her warmth, and I crave to be in her presence.

The way she bathes me with beauty into those sun-like eyes. They would speak words I understand instantly.

With her, I am certain that I am someone, someone who's not alone, someone who's got a home.