Engagement

Have you ever wondered how Lisa proposed to Jennie, which in turn made them reveal their relationship to the world? Well, here’s the story of how that happened.

“Lisa, have you found it yet?” Said someone with a familiar Australian accent. “Not yet, Chaeng.” Lisa said, “Finding rings is hard.” She added as Rosé nodded, “I understand, Lis, but did you really have to drag me to the mall just to find a ring? “She asked Lisa, who nodded. “Yeah, I brought you here because you’re still a GA to Tiffany and Co. and all,” was Lisa’s response as they looked around more in the store. “Doesn’t Bvlgari sell wedding rings too? “Rosé asked, “Yeah, but I’m just checking my options.” was Lisa’s answer, which Rosé accepted as they continued to search.

But it seems that after hours of looking, Lisa wasn’t able to find it, and they left. The two then went to a restaurant to eat. "So, what are you going to do now?" was Rosé’s question as she took a bite of the food, but before Lisa could answer, her phone rang, and she answered, and after a few minutes, Rosé watched her say thanks. "What was that?" Rosé asked. "Oh, I asked someone I know from Bvlgari if they could make me a custom-made ring, and they said yes," was Lisa’s answer. "Then why did you drag me out to Tiffany and Co. then?" Rosé asked in an exasperated tone. "Well, I needed other options, plus I don’t know if they would say yes to my request," Lisa answered back. "Lisa, of course they’ll agree you’re their GA," Rosé told her, and then Lisa showed Rosé what the design looks like: "It’s beautiful and simple." Rosé complimented the ring even if she was annoyed. "Thanks, Chaeng; I just want the best for Jennie," Lisa said, looking at the design. "Jennie won’t care if you give her any kind of ring; all she’ll care about is getting married to you," Rosé pointed out as Lisa smiled at Rosé, then the waiter gives them the bill, to which they looked at each other, "so you’ll pay right?" Rosé said as she looked at Lisa, "Rock, paper, scissors on who will pay the bill?" Lisa challenges her, and Rosé thinks for a moment, “Sure," was her answer (Rosé lost as always).

Lisa was excited as today was the day she was going to propose to Jennie, and it was the perfect time as Jennie will be going to Thailand for a movie, she’ll be part of, for which she started preparing and thought she’d propose to her when she’s free. Luckily enough, she was able to spend time with Jennie and secretly planned everything, hoping Jennie wouldn’t notice. She thought about having a nice dinner with her, where she would propose as they danced to their favorite song, and she hoped her plan would be successful.

It was the weekend when Jennie was able to get out of her schedule as she was given a day off. And she was a bit happy as she’d get to spend more time with Lisa and their pets, but as soon as she got home, she noticed that something was different. Then she met up with Lisa at the entrance. “Hey, what’s happening?” she asked after greeting Lisa and giving their pets attention. “I just want to give you a romantic dinner, that’s all,” was Lisa’s response as she led her to their newly decorated backyard, where Jennie spotted the table and chairs, which looked simple but romantic.

Jennie wondered what the occasion was, and she never forgets their birthday, their anniversary, or other events, so she was curious but didn’t entirely mind this happening. Then dinner was served, and Jennie complimented Lisa’s cooking, which had gotten better over the years, which made Lisa happy as they talked about their day and other conversations. Then, after finishing their food, Jennie decided to speak. “Hey, Lisa, what’s the occasion?” she asks. “You’ll see,” Lisa replies. And then Jennie watches as Lisa stands up and takes out her phone, and Jennie hears their favorite song on the speakers. “May I have this dance?” Lisa asked as she extended her hand to Jennie, who grabbed it. “Sure,” Jennie answered as they slowdanced. And as they danced, Lisa spoke. Jennie, you have made me the happiest person for many years,” she told her as they stopped dancing, and Jennie looked curious, but a part of her knew what was happening. “And yeah, it took me a long time to answer this, but” she said as she kneeled and showed the ring to her, “Will you marry me, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim?“ She asks her the most important and life changing question.

Jennie was surprised to hear that question as Lisa continued to speak. “Yeah, you may be wondering when I decided to ask, and like, yeah, we have been like a married couple for many years, but I want to make it official and call you mine, and…” she wasn’t able to finish her speech as Jennie kissed her, to which she reciprocated it, and as they let go, Jennie looked at her with so much love. “Yes, Lalisa, of course I’ll marry you!” she says, making Lisa happy as she twirls her around in laughter, happy that Jennie said yes. After sitting her down, they kissed again, and Jennie then looked at the ring and observed that it was a gold ring with their initials, their birthdate, and the date they started dating on the inside, and it was both simple and beautiful. “It’s a custom-made ring that I asked the people at Bvlgari to make by using my position as a GA,” Lisa says, making Jennie giggle as Lisa puts it on. “I love it,” Jennie says as they hug.

Then Lisa notices Jennie put out her phone and take a picture and sees that she’ll be posting on Instagram. “So, you’re going to reveal it?” was Lisa’s question. “Yeah, it’s the perfect time to reveal to the world our relationship,” Jennie answers, making Lisa smile. “I’ll do the same thing,” she tells Jennie, who then posts. After posting the reveal, the two then lovingly stared at one another. I can’t wait to marry you,” Jennie says. “Me too,” Lisa replies as they kiss again and go back inside their house to watch a movie and probably drink wine first before looking at their social media, as they just want to enjoy their moment together in peace and with each other.