Chapter 2: Determination

Draco and Harry looked up to see Arik had come back in. His eyes were laced with fury, and his smile grew creepily bigger the more they looked at each other.

"I was coming back to grab my jacket when I realised you weren't talking to yourself." He slowly moved across the bloody bathroom floor, shuffling. He truly had lost his mind.

Just then, Draco started to stand up. With great difficulty, he managed to lift himself up to lean on the wall, Harry next to him, still on the floor. He clutched his bleeding wound and locked eyes with Arik. "Don't you dare touch him."

"And why not? He's just a small distance away." Arik's voice was high-pitched and teasing.

"Because I will find a way to hurt you the best way I can." Draco replied viciously.

"I doubt that it will be much, considering you're losing so much of your most precious bodily fluids."

The way Arik said it made Harry's neck prickle. He was so messed in the head and Harry wondered what screwed him over so badly.

Draco grunted as he struggled to keep standing. Harry stood up and put his arm around his waist to support him. "Aww, you guys think you have a chance? No way." he cackled manically.

Just then, two teachers walked in. Mcgonagall and Snape. They stood in shock of what they saw for a second, and all eyes turned to them. Draco then collapsed into Harry's arms, and Harry couldn't hold the weight so they fell to the floor. Harry's head smacked the rim of one of the sinks and everything went black.

********

Harry woke up blurry-eyed a few hours later.

He wondered where he was for a second, until his eyes focused. He was in one of the beds in the hospital wing, with the curtains closed. He looked over to see Draco, who was in the same cubicle, in a different bed. Draco turned his head to him. "Hey, you're finally awake. I was getting bored." he chuckled, then clutched his chest in pain.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, noticing his bulky figure was wrapped in bandages, but not enough that Harry couldn't see his toned abdomen. Harry blushed for a second and then forced himself to look at Draco's face, and to not be a pervert.

"I'm fine, just sore." Draco replied. "But I'm probably going to be here way longer than you are."

"I'll come and see you once I get better." Harry promised him.

Just then, Madam Pomfrey came in. "Alright Harry, you are right to go once I use this spell." she raised her wand, and muttered something under her breath. Harry instantly felt like nothing had injured him and he was not sore in any way. "Wow, this feels amazing! Thanks Madam Pomfrey!" Harry sat up as he spoke, the amazing feeling surging through his body.

"Damn, wish I had a head injury too." Draco laughed, and then clutched his bandaged chest again in pain.

"Just be careful Draco, the wounds might come open again." Madam Pomfrey warned him. "Yeah I know, don't worry." he replied as Madam Pomfrey led Harry out of the curtained cubicle.

They walked across the hospital wing to the door, and Madam Pomfrey opened it. "There you go dear," she was about to close the door when Harry stopped her. "Madam Pomfrey," he started, "can I bring Draco's school books for him to keep going with his lessons tomorrow?"

"Yes, please, he's going to be such a pain without any entertainment." Madam Pomfrey lowered her voice. "Like last time." Harry giggled. "Okay, I'll bring them." Madam Pomfrey thanked him as he walked away and closed the doors.

It was night-time, but Harry had no intention of sleeping. He had done that already from his head injury. He went to the Gryffindor dorms, and grabbed a small leatherbound book and his quill, and headed for the Room Of Requirement.

When he got there, he opened the door to a warmly lit room, with a desk near a warm fireplace.
{You can decide what the colours are and if there's any other things in the room, like couches etc.}

Harry sat down at the desk and opened his book and ink to use his quill. It was a story that he'd started when he first went back to the Dursleys for his break before second year. They hadn't liked him wandering around the house so he started a story to keep him amused. Now it was one of his most prized possessions, and he was still not finished writing. It was about 2 village boys that had been best friends since birth, and had recently realised that they didn't want to marry a woman, instead they loved each other, and both didn't want to tell the other for the sake of ruining their relationship. Until one day, both their fathers decide on two selfish women for them, and they have to run away to escape it. They eventually both find out that the other loves them, and they marry each other, which encourages more people to be confident in who they are.

Harry thought it was beautiful, as he loved romance stories. (NOT READING THEM BUT HEARING THEM, IT'S WEIRD I KNOW)

A couple hours had passed, and Harry's hands were tired, so he packed up and left the cosy little room.

As he walked, his mind wondered about Draco. He had noticed more scars on him than the scars Arik had given him, and he felt worried. Was Draco okay?

Just then, he heard whispering from the floor below. He stopped and bent his head over the side to see Arik and Umbridge talking.

"Why did you fail? You had him! You could have killed him if you actually stopped talking!" Umbridge whispered angrily. "I didn't have the chance. Draco was in front of him, he would have killed me even if he was bleeding out." Arik answered, annoyed. Harry instantly knew they were talking about him.

"If Draco and Harry aren't dead by dawn, I'm reporting you to the ministry." Umbridge hissed. Her heels clacked on the floors as she walked away. Arik walked away in the other direction, and Harry stood up. They were planning to kill him. Not that he was alarmed at that, it's just that Umbridge was involved, and that she hated Harry with a burning passion. His heart was beating so fast he could barely breathe. He ran quickly and quietly back to his dorm, and lay down on his bed, taking off his clothes and changing into his pyjamas, and pulled the covers over his head.

What was going to happen to him?