CH 1: A MURDER!!

KRITIKA'S POV

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over, mm

If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

'Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

My alarm is ringing so I guess it's already 6am. Okay! Let's get up and get ready for a new day. I got up from the bed and dragged myself to the washroom. I got freshen up while singing the rest of the song.

'Cause we're young, and we're reckless

We'll take this way too far

It'll leave you breathless,

Or with a nasty scar

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

But I've got a blank space, baby

And I'll write your name

So now I'm in my tracksuit. I jogged for nearly 30 minutes and then went to hit the gym. I reach my apartment at 7:30 am. After taking a shower, I got ready for my office. It's going to be a hectic day as I'll have meetings with three important clients. I prepared myself an avocado sandwich and orange juice for breakfast. I finished my breakfast and after locking my apartment, I went to the ground floor. I settled myself inside my black coloured Mustang and drove off to my office. After driving for 30 minutes, I reached my office, gave the car keys to the guard for parking, and I started entering the office. There was a big chaos in the lobby of my office and everyone started whispering after seeing me.

"What's going on here?!" I shouted gaining everyone's attention.

"Mr Roy has been found unconscious in the lift" Ruhi told me.

I got tense listening to this as Mr Roy has been a loyal manager to the company. He has been with me since I started this company. He's always been a great advisor to me in my life and his contributions to this company and to me are unexplainable.

"Where is he now?" I asked Ruhi getting tense.

"He is in the Company's medical room" Ruhi said and I ran towards the medical room. I saw Mr Roy lying unconscious in the bed, his face was pale and I couldn't see him like this. The smile which has never left his face is now nowhere to be seen.

"Call the ambulance and take him to the City's best hospital" I ordered and stormed out of the room. Ruhi followed me behind.

"Ruhi, postpone all my meetings and get my car ready within two minutes and also keep me updated about Mr Roy" I said.

"Okay Ma'am!" came Ruhi's reply.

I came out of the company after assigning everyone their work and saw my car was ready. I took the car keys from the guard and drove off to the hospital where Mr Roy is being taken to. When I was midway, my phone started ringing and it was Ruhi calling me. I picked up the phone.

"What happened there?" I asked.

"Ma'am....it's....it's just..." came Ruhi's stuttering voice.

"Ruhi don't beat around the bush and spill the beans." I shouted at her.

"Mr Roy is dead and he has been poisoned" Ruhi said in her trembling voice.

"It means he's been...murdered.." my voice came out as low as possible but still Ruhi heard it.

"Yes Ma'am" Ruhi said.

Please vote, comment and share. Also follow me on my insta account @thebrokensitar . Hope you enjoy this story.