CH 6: WHO IS APPLE PIE?

AUTHOR'S POV

Ruhi Rajput, age 23 years, was really special for Kritika. They shared a great bond. When Ruhi was 18 years old, she ran from her house because her parents used to abuse her just because she's a girl. That's when Kritika found her and helped her to complete her studies and she also offered Ruhi a job as her assistant. They're now been friends for over 5 years and Ruhi genuinely cares for Kritika.

“Ruhi….you stay here with her till the evening…after that I'll come here” Ishaan said and Ruhi nodded in agreement. After that Ishaan left followed by Hriday and Karan.

As soon as they left the ward Hriday said “Sir, Kritika has grown up in a countryside village near Punjab….she did her schooling till 12th in a government school with science stream….then she has studied law in BHU…..she still practice law in the courtroom sometime….she started her modeling career at the age of 15 in the show ‘Miss Teen India'…..and also she used to play basketball in her college days.”

Ishaan nodded at the information and then asked “What's about her friends and family?”

“Nothing sir…” Karan answered in disappointment.

Ishaan nodded his head in understanding and then gave out Kritika’s phone to Hriday and said “See if you can get any information from her contacts….”

“Okay sir…” Karan and Hriday said in unison and left from there. Ishaan also left from there and started his investigation.

Ishaan was working in his cabin when he heard a knock in his cabin.

“Come in!” Ishaan said in his deep voice when Karan entered the cabin.

“Sir, there are only 5 contacts in Kritika’s phone….first one is Apple Pie, and the rest are Mr Roy, Priya who is Mr Roy’s daughter, Ruhi and Car Service.” Karan said.

“Hmm….call that Apple Pie and ask him to meet at the hospital” Ishaan said.

Karan took out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number. Soon his phone was picked up.

“Hello Mr Apple Pie, can you please meet us in the City Hospital at 5 pm. The address has been sent to you. Please check your messages. Thank you, have a nice day!” Karan said and hung up the call without waiting for the reply from the other side.

“Also sir, Hriday has sent you the statement of everyone. Please check your email.” Karan said and left from there without waiting for Ishaan’s reply.

Ishaan then engrossed himself in his work. He was reading everyone’s statements and analyzing them.

KRITIKA’S POV

After Mr Malhotra left along with Hriday and Karan, Ruhi and I engrossed ourselves in work. Though the Doctor has told me to take rest and Ruhi tried to keep me away from work but all was in vain. I was getting bored so I thought of working. I assigned everyone their work and attended a few meetings virtually. It was nearly 3 pm when there was a knock in my ward.

“Come in!” I said. The door opened and revealed the man I despised the most. Dhibar Sahani, the CEO of ‘The Sunshine Co.&Ltd.’, wanders all day man whoring here and there and enjoying his generational wealth. He was standing at the door with a big bouquet of white roses.

“Hii Miss Singhania….How’re you?” he said in his not-so-sweet tone.

I sighed in annoyance and then said “Don’t call me with that filthy mouth of yours..!”

“Ahwwe Kritika….don’t talk to your friend like that!” he said which further fueled my anger.

“Just get out of here….” I yelled at him.

“You bit—” he was cut off in the middle by Doctor Rehaan’s voice.

“Didn’t you hear what she said?!.....GET OUT OF HERE” Doctor Rehaan said to him in his dangerous tone.

“Who are you to tell me?!” Dhibar shouted like a mad man. Of course he is mad.

“The owner of this hospital” Doctor Rehaan said in his calm voice which shocked me too just like Dhibar.

“I’ll see you later…” Dhibar said and stomped out of the room.

So that's all for today guys. Hope you liked this chapter. Please vote, comment and share. There are so many views but the vote are less. Also follow me on my insta account @thebrokensitar . Hope you enjoy this story.