Frienemies?

Who could've guessed that Y/N wouldn't have the rest of the classes with his brothers. The four Caddels went to the third floor of the large school building, leaving Y/N for the rest of the four classes to handle on his own.

As he was putting away his books, Cuphead approached him and slammed his locker shut when Y/N took out his needed books for the next class before Cuphead leaned against it.

"Well hello there toots." Cuphead smirked as he eyed on Y/N. He rolled his eyes. "What do you want." his soft European accent spoke.

The blonde guy chuckled. "Oh nothing. Just wanna know why you're the golden coin in the coal family. Do tell, what makes you so special?"

The Caddel shook his head "It's none of your concern. And I'm not special in any way." he said as the blonde cackled a bit.

"Not special? Blimey that's new." Cuphead chuckled before he pinned Y/N against the locker. "Now I know you're lying. C'mon. Spill the tea. What makes you the needed-to-be-safe hm?" he mocked.

Y/N pushed him away for distance. "Look, I don't know what is wrong with you, neither do I want to know, but you keep your distance. So please, I don't want to hospitalise another student."

His tone was cold but Cuphead didn't show any signs of being intimidated. Instead, his grin widened, now that he had the right material on what to use against the young Caddel. Yet, the gut feeling kept telling him to get closer to the newbie but he restrained himself.

He didn't know what that feeling was nor why did he felt it but he shoved it off. "Ah, a rebel I see." he chuckled, his aria was turning dark and soon the guys, whom his brother introduced to him, Bendy, Felix, Oswald, Boris and Mugman came.

"It was self defence." Y/N crossed his arms, his tone dismissive. The two pair of eyes stared into one anothers, narrowing in frustration the two had towards each other and the tension in the air reeked.

The bell rang and the hallway once again flooded with students, giving Y/N a good opportunity to scurr away, leaving the six boys behind.
.
.
.
.
Next few weeks didn't pass any better, he was getting picked on, bullied again. Both him and Cuphead would end up bruised or even scarred.

He knew this guy hated him and his brothers but his siblings never told him why. Y/N wasn't pleased with the dismissive responses his brothers would give.

Even after the principals office, nothing between them would change. It was getting on Y/N's nerves and yet, he's still the one who needs to know what did he do wrong for Cuphead to already hate him.

But even though, they're still roasting each other's passes for their own amusement. Not that it's too serious. They know their limits.

Their canon is something between a friend and an enemy, but the other one is taking the side more.

Frienemies?

Word count: 516