Chapter Two | We Can Work Together

It was now that they were inside the hospital, they were rushing him into an emergency room when suddenly.. Zilxian shot up. "What the-" He looked at his position, everyone around his froze in terror or shock. People started talking restlessly and they took him into the lab room. "Now how in the world-" The doctor who was examining him exclaimed. "What happened.. My head feels weird.." He mumbled incoherently. "You need to speak up, and you had no pulse. You weren't breathing and your skin color was fading- now..." The doctor stared at his bright saturated skin color which once was pale. 

"Oh I can explain that- I'm an immortal." He explained. "P-Pffft- You are funny Mr-.... you don't have any doctors records.." His voice trailed off. "Believe me now?" The doctor hesitated, "You realize.. there could be other reasons why you don't have doctor records... right?" "Oh you want proof huh... I've been waiting my whole life to do this." He lunged towards a pen and dug it into his throat, blood spewing everywhere. "God- are you alright!? I'll get help hang in there!" And as the doctor left and came back, there was no more blood, he had a gaping hole in his throat but he was perfectly fine.

"Alright alright I believe you! But doesn't that hurt..?" He said worriedly "Eh- built up a pain tolerance over the years." The doctor hesitated, "And... How many years is that?" Zilxian looked up in a thoughtful manner. "Mmmm- I'd say about ten thousand years-" "T-T- Wha-" The doctor was dumbfounded. "Well its obvious you don't need to be here.. but there's someone in the waiting room looking for you, nice young girl I'd say about 23-" He panicked, his heart raced. "Really? Where is the waiting room-"

 The doctor lead him to the waiting room. As soon as Phoebe and Zilxian saw each other they ran and hugged like they knew each other for an eternity. "Are you alright sir?" He smiled nodding "Yes I'm alright are you? You seemed pretty nervous.." "Of course i'm alright uh- hey.. can we go somewhere... private?" He seemed confused but nodded following along.

Eventually they made it into her house, it also had a gothic tone to it along with the cardboard boxes everywhere. They sat down on the couch and sighed, "Listen.. I cant be your frie-" "I know what you are." She said unexpectedly interrupting him. "What?" "I know your an immortal." He took a deep breath, "Well that makes this easier to explain- Because I am I cant-" "I'm immortal too." He paused, frozen in place. "W-What..?"

"I'm also an immortal, actually the reason I moved here is because I knew there was others- your cats immediately gave it away you know.." He rubbed the back of his head chuckling nervously. "Well- that's uh.. nice to know I suppose.. How old are you?" He said questioningly. "Nine thousand- why?" He smiled, his heart warming up. "I'm ten thousand.." He warmly for the first time ever opening up. They had began to talk about their past lives, all their supposed to be deaths and times they freaked others out.

Then all of a sudden she brought something up. "You know.. there's a way we can de-immortalize ourselves. Right?" He looked at her interested, "Really?" He had said excitedly. "Yes Yes! If we can gather the others-" "Others?" He shot out even more excited. "There's others?" She nodded smiling. "I know I couldn't believe it myself! But if we can gather the others.. we can all live normal lives. We need to work together."

After a long evening of chatting and laughing and planning they exchanged phone numbers, this being ZIlxian's first ever number saved. He went home got ready for bed and laid down, staring at the ceiling remembering the words she said. "Work together..." He smiled falling asleep.

IF YOUR READING THIS TYSM PLEASE SHARE IT IM PRETTY NEW BUT TYYYYYY <<<333