(2) RoD

The world had no idea of the dangers hidden beneath, invisible to the naked eye.

Priya Gailun was a twenty-five year old woman. She had a fair skin with black hair, cropped and parted from the middle. She wore tight black leggings, white sports shoes and a military green t-shirt. She kept looking into her phone - irritated on the face - sitting in the centralised AC metro, at the map, for the location of a place she couldn't landmark on. Her ears were stuffed with earbuds - drowned in silence. The metro stopped. She had reached the station, Rovi ; in the capital city of South Yogira, Handevu.

She trails off the train, and now the music kicks in. Her taste - melancholy, depression and nihilism. Turns out that the place is hidden in the old badly distributed parts of the city. All the houses are small, tall and glued from wall to wall, almost leaving no area for sunlight or even ventilation. Only the one who walks can wander in this rotten stinky place full of muddy ponds and goo. She jumps and jogs, sometimes closes her nose with her handkerchief, sometimes just bearing the smell and sometimes, standing straight in disgust and frustration. But her place needs to be like this. Nevertheless, she finally reaches the place, a Roorai - the holy place for the Halmois. It had a large deep blue circle bisected straight in the middle as its symbol - the holy Feras.

" Vijay Gaurav Ranthop" - Vikram raged in the Roorai - " Have you gone insane?"

" We are in the hallway, sir. The others could hear us." Vijay, the man in question, a tall man of six-feet with a inky moustache and receded dyed-black hair on the head. His skin was tanned and his neck was unreal broad. He wore a full black three-piece, with a black shirt and a scarlet red tie. Culturally marked, the dress was for special occassions.

" Give a damn if I care. You will not execute this ridicule of a plan you are so auspiciously prepared for."  Vikram was a five foot and six. His scalp had much of no hair left, but his eyebrows were dense, joined into one. He had wore a yellow jacket and black jeans. A jacket in this season was not expected ofcourse. He had an extended twirled moustache and a voluminous gray beard.

" Sir, I don't have the time for this." Vijay started walking.

" I created RoD, and you want to do such animosity with it. " Vikram narrows towards Vijay and sees right into his dead eyes. " Have you no ethics left, pilot?"

" Ethics. Whose ethics, inspector? We will die out if we kept quiet now. RoD is dying and the GoD is free. GoD needs to be exposed. We cannot just sit here and pray to God for exposing GoD. Don't you get it? " Vijay's eyes have said what needs to be said. He will not let Vikram disturb his plan.

" We were rebels who would fight for South Yogira. Now, you ought to destroy it itself. What will be your excuse to those children who you seem to kill?" Vikram grabs his gun out of his jacket's pocket. " You are not going to betray RoD."

Vijay's guards surrounding him pull their pistols out. Vijay calmly lift his hand to calm them down. " If RoD cannot fight for the greater good, then RoD must be officially dead. My men will do the job whether I die today or not. My men are everywhere. All the preparations have been made." Vijay puts his hand on Vikram's shoulder. " I know that the Roorai has been covered all around with your people holding guns at it. You mustn't dirty a Roorai. But even if you wish, you must know that behind each and everyone of your men was an installed chip."

Vikram's eyes open wide. " You.." Vijay puts his index finger on his lips.

" One armed soldier, under me, is attached to each one of your puppets. My team of officers, the ones who will handle the operation, are all seated in a safe room in the Roorai. You wouldn't be able to do a thing." Vijay straightens his back as he continued, " That is the problem, Vikram. You were always too ethical and old fashioned. You never explored the depths of technology, the places where morals don't exist."

Vikram lowers his gun. Droplets of sweat have appeared on his forehead. " What have you done, Vijay? You have used RoD for your own twisted uprising."

" You should listen to my speech, Vikram. You should." Vijay tightens his tie and starts walking down the hallway. The guards show their hands for Vikram to pass his gun to it. He does and slowly locomotes behind Vijay, dull on the face and scared from within.

Vijay opens a door behind the Roorai's praying place. It is a room, with a white-board attached to it and wooden benches all across. Vikram sits in front of it near Priya who has been waiting there.

Cold breeze from the AC hits the audience. Each one of the twelve sitting there are important people, the strategists and commanders of the operation. They are the ones who will lead the massacre into action. 

Vijay leans towards the board as he stares into the ground.

" My name is Vijay Gaurav Ranthop. This is a very important meeting for us - the people of the rebellion. That is exactly why ..." He pauses and raises his chin up. "... we shall all start from the beginning."
______________________________________

The chapter was a bit small but I will compensate for it in the future. Please let me know your thoughts about this one in the comments. If you enjoyed it, don't forget to press the star button.

Fare ye well, fellow sapiens. ;-)