Not Heartless <K. B.>

It’s the night before the sports festival and everyone was on edge. There had been villain attacks, and the class of 2-A had been their target. This was their second sports festival while they were at UA. Bakugo was restless. After his win last year, he was determined to blow all of the competition out of the water before they even had a chance. Rai Sokko was also restless. She was a transfer student, joining their class after the camp incident where Bakugo was taken. She had a powerful wind quirk that she knew how to use. All of the UA teachers were impressed with her ability to control the wind. She knew, knew how to use it. It was like she was a pro already.

Rai was just staring up at her ceiling, her arms folded on her stomach. She was prone to being nervous so she couldn’t fall asleep. She had watched the festival and saw how ruthless bakugo was. She also knew how powerful he had become since then, she had the advantage though. She watched his every move in training. She knew him like the back of her hand. She knew everyone like the back of her hand. She pretended to be training in class with the rest of her class but really she was watching how all of them used their quirks. She made sure that she was going to come out on top this year. Even if that meant crushing Bakugo under her like a villain.

In the morning she was more than ready to crush the competition. No one knew how offensive her quirk could be. They all had seen her be more defensive and protective. She really wasn't one for showing off her quirk. She would rather people believe that she was here to help them rather than to be the one who went straight for villains. She knew Bakugo was the opposite. She knew that he loved to show off and prove that he was the strongest person in their class.

Rai was absolutely crushing it. She had beaten 2 people by pushing them out of the ring, instantly with a gust of wind that no one could avoid. She was playing the part of the pacifist. Present Mic cheered her on for taking a hands off approach, leaving no room for injury or damage. She knew that she was leading them off and that was what she wanted. She knew that Bakugo paid attention to how people were fighting, and he was already scoping out who he was deeming a threat. Rai was his number one. He was brought back to the fight he had with Ochako. He hated pummeling girls but he knew that she wasn’t going to make it easy on him.

When it was their turn Bakugo was leaning against the wall outside of the arena. He waited for his name to be called, but they called her name first. He was pissed, but he knew it was because she was a pacifist. He was called after because he took the more violent approach.  “I’m going to kill you.” He told her. She smiled. She knew that this was going to be fun.

“I don’t think you have what it takes to beat me.” She said, Ooer the year they had spent together in the same class, he wouldn’t consider her his friend, but they were definitely close competitors. He liked her slightly less than Kirishima. He was going to be her end.

“I don't think you get it brat.”

And then the battle was on. She started off with her wind gust, and it nearly pushed him out. He underestimated the power behind the blast. He just thought everyone else was weak. He saved it and launched himself forward at a lightning speed. She sidestepped and tried to blow him out of the side, but he countered it with a small AP shot. He thought that he nailed her, but it turned out she caught it. A blast in a ball that she shot back at him.

“What the hell?! Since when could you do that?” He yelled. Rai knew that he was starting to actually get angry. She knew that if she kept this up then she would have him perfectly where she wanted.

She smirked and kept countering his attacks. While they were fighting, she began to see that he really wanted this. He really wanted to prove that he was number one. As much as Rai wanted to win, wanted to prove that she could be as strong as anyone else, but she was more moved by how he was acting. He really wanted this. He needed to win. She wanted to win, but he needed it.