Prologue (EXTRA)

A/N: Just so you don't get confused, this chapter takes place the day before Rollercoaster on the last day of school, as a prologue to the summer.

SLAM!

Perry Fletcher (codename: Agent Platypus) firmly shut the crammed car trunk of his two-door sedan. Today had been the last day of "boarding school", which meant he was heading home to stay for the whole summer, a time of the year he always looked forward to. Sure, in recent years Perry had had to still do missions under the guise of an "internship", but they weren't usually as long or hard and it was nice to be around his family everyday rather than just the weekends and holidays. He also liked being able to sleep in his comfy bed every night rather than mostly sleeping on a top bunk.

"Does everything fit?" his roommate Carlos (codename: Agent Chihuahua), better known by his nickname Pinky, yelled as he came running up to the car, arms full of his last few bags. They'd been roommates since Perry was 10 and Pinky was 9; in that year they'd both been transferred to the USA's branch of the Academy Without a Cool Organization, and Pinky spoke very little English at that time while Perry had a thick British accent that few could easily understand. Well, Perry's accent hadn't changed much, but Pinky's English definitely had.

"Barely," Perry replied. "So you're gonna have to put those bags up with you in the seat."

"That'll be okay," Pinky hauled the bags over to the passenger side door and sat down, setting them down around him. "Though we need to not bring this much stuff next year."

"You know, we don't have to carpool next year," Perry pointed out as he settled into the driver's seat, pulling his seatbelt on.

"But it's our tradition!" Pinky whined, to which Perry simply rolled his eyes in response and turned his key in the ignition. "Don't look at me with that tone of voice!"

"Moving on..." Perry changed the topic. "Did you have to fight Poofenplotz today?"

"Yes, ugh," Pinky sighed. "She had some sort of scheme about how 'back to school' sales are practically starting as soon as school gets out, and how she was going to make her fashion be the back to school fashion? To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention. What about you? Did you have to fight Doofenshmirtz today?"

"Yeah." Perry focused on driving as they went through downtown Danville.

"Oh, c'mon, amigo, you're gonna have to give me more details than that!" Pinky protested. "What was his scheme? His motivation? Did he even have one?"

"It was a Theme-Song-Inator today. He said that every great villain has a great theme song, so he was going to shoot himself with it, and then everyone would want to do his bidding because of his catchy song," Perry explained a little nervously. "Only...it hit me instead."

"So you got a theme song?!" Pinky was instead excited. "Cool! What does it sound like?"

"Kinda like the James Bond theme," Perry omitted telling him that it also called him "Perry the Platypus," which meant that Doofenshmirtz now knew that his first name. After all, what Pinky didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Besides, Perry still didn't know why it had called him that, though he did suppose it had a nice ring to it.

"Huh. Did it happen to mysteriously fire in the direction of your backyard?" Pinky asked with a grin.

"Not that I saw. Doofenshmirtz got disappointed with it because it didn't give him a great villain theme, and I didn't destroy it since technically it wasn't evil," Perry explained. "So...that means that whatever Phineas and Ferb did today might-might-still be there when we get home."

"I wonder if Isa's grown any since I last saw her!" Pinky was practically shaking with excitement, so it was good Perry was the one driving.

"You saw her last week," Perry pointed out.