The Fast and the Phineas

As was a regular occurrence during the summer, Perry, Phineas and Ferb sat out in the backyard under the shade of the tree with a radio.

"So, guys, what should we do today?" Phineas started. "I mean, besides Perry going to work."

Perry shrugged. It could hardly be helped.

Suddenly and loudly, they heard what sounded like a race car in the distance.

Phineas rushed over to the fence, curiously peeking over, "What is that wonderful noise?"

"Sounds like the Jefferson County Motor Speedway," Perry answered.

"Awesome!" Phineas got down from the fence. "Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!"

They rushed to the garage and immediately started work on turning Mom's car into a race car. Phineas and Ferb focused on the engine while Perry worked towards the back of the car, more out of sight.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MOM'S CAR?!" Candace yelled into the garage.

While Perry stayed working behind the car, Phineas and Ferb popped out of the hood and Phineas answered, "We tricked it out!"

"You don't even know how to drive," Candace pointed out.

"Well, duh!" Phineas replied. "That's why Ferb built this remote."

"Oh, you are so busted," Candace grinned, before running off and opening various doors. "Mom! Mom! Mom!" After an unfruitful search, she returned to the garage to ask, "Um, where's Mom?"

"She's playing bridge at Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro's," Phineas pointed his thumb over his shoulder, even though that wasn't the correct direction of the Garcia-Shapiros.

As Candace left, Ferb finished shoving the new engine in and shut the hood. Perry was pretty sure Candace hadn't even noticed that he was in the garage working on the car too.

"Cool! Let's test it out!" Phineas exclaimed.

Upon opening the garage door, the three boys walked out to the front lawn and sat down, Ferb holding the remote. They could see that Candace had just made it to the Garcia-Shapiro front door, ringing the bell.

Meanwhile, Perry was trying to figure out how to keep Phineas and Ferb out of trouble. If Mom saw them with the car tricked out and the remote, she'd be mad for sure. Not that Perry wanted them to be going behind her back all the time, but he hoped to ease her into his brothers' inventions compared to going in cold turkey. He decided that when Mom was coming out he'd ask to take a turn with the remote and let it sit out of sight or something.

As the boys raced the car back and forth on the street, Perry watched as Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro greeted Candace. Thankfully Vivian could be a talker. The car racing by repeatedly kept messing up Phineas and Ferb's hair, at some point swapping their hair and then swapping it back, but curiously it did nothing to Perry's hair.

"Hey Ferb, what's the red button for?" Phineas asked, just as Perry was about to take the remote. He was wondering that too, so he watched as Ferb held the remote out to Phineas for him to push the red button. An alarm went off and then the car went shooting straight up into the air just a second before Mom appeared.

Well, that worked out well.

"Hi, Mom!" Phineas called across the street as he and Perry waved.

"Hi, boys!" Mom waved back before closing the door on a stunned Candace.

Suddenly, the car landed back on the road somehow in one piece.

"Good thing we beefed up the suspension," Phineas declared.