1. poison in whiskey

This was the party right before I left for home? Figures. I had a sip of my drink. It wasn't soda for sure. I stumbled across the room with loud music nodding my dizzy head to the beat. My whole world was spinning. I was at someone's house. Everything was blurry but I was having fun, not a care in the world. He broke the deal, he isn't with me anymore. So I turned all the feelings off with vodka and tequila and rum. I saw him in the corner of the room and made my way to him. My fists needed to have a chat.

Next thing I knew I was in a bedroom away from the music with a random guy handing me water. I refused. Water will take me back to my reality where my now ex who I genuinely love is a cheater and a manipulator. I look over to the stranger and he tells me to sit on the bed cause I might puke if I lie down. He was right. After a few minutes I could see straight. I had a sip of that water and just smiled, "who are you?" I giggled, for some reason my head couldn't hold myself up.

"I'm the one who saved you from that dude who you were about to go against in a fist fight love"

"which guy?" I didn't remember the past 30 minutes but I guess I didn't get a chance to hit my ex. I pouted cause of that thought.

"so what's your name?" stranger asked.

"who's asking"

"the person helping you not getting beat up. Now answer like a good girl and maybe I shall think about getting you another glass of w-"

"if you're not saying vodka cranberry you're not getting any answers mister." I slurred while my world spun out of control.

"as much I love thinking I'm unforgettable I know if u have another one you're not going to remember me. So no sweetheart you're not getting another one."

Who does this guy think he is.

"who do you think you are." I voiced my thoughts.

"call me the devil if you must, but I also go by Chase."

"well, cheesy Chase. I'm Valerie and you're only getting to know this cause I want you to stop with the predictable stupid romance books kinda nicknames." This dude was a serious looker though. Damn I miss my knife in my hand.
"and how are you here?"

"I came with a friend, this is a party thrown near my school, half these people are my classmates."

"oh you stay at the school nearby"
"yep" I said popping the p sound. My vodka brain found that amusing, "but I'm leaving next week, bye stupid fucking school"

"thought you might like this school Valerie , you look like a part of it."

"are u calling me spoilt sweetheart?" it was way more funny to me than to him, but I didn't miss his low smile. Dangerous.
"no" he said but his eyes told me he was meaning to say the opposite.

"so do you want to tell me any of your secrets?" he asked as he took off his shoes and leaned his head against the bed's back. I smiled. He was a hot stranger.

"I don't have any."

"liar" he retaliated

"ok but this doesn't go anywhere."

"I promise." he said while he put his right hand up and made a cross on his heart.

"I want to go home." I whispered.

"well, I can drop you back if u need me to."

"no, not right now. I was sent to this school to get a deal for my dad. He's a..." I paused to look away, "businessman" I look at the stranger and he was closely listening. I hadn't had someone listen to me since a long time. "I had to make a deal with this guy, Charles, as it was very important to my dad's business. But I failed to do so, as Charles is an fucking asshole who's gonna be feed to his dogs after being burnt alive to a crisp or his dogs are gonna be fed to him cause he loves them to death and that's where he's going to meet them next." He just smiled at me, enjoying me describe ways to torture my ex, a part of me thought he was making mental notes. Could be the tequila thinking.