Chapter 25: Believe In Yourself

Kanao and Shoichi ran through the halls of the house; Kanao no longer freaking out but still anxious.

"Nezuko, where are you?" Kanao asked, but no reply came. I can still hear that creepy sound. She thought as she ran. Just be safe, Nezuko!

"Say, Kanao," said Shoichi, following Kanao as she ran. "Is it just me, or are we going around in circles?"

Kanao stopped, and so did Shoichi, breathing heavily. "I was getting the same feeling!" She yelled, despite being somewhat out of breath. "Attaboy, Shoichi-kun! I knew I could count on you!"

"Alright, could you check if this room is safe?" Kanao then asked.

Silence

"Okay, fine! Please just stop giving me that look!" Kanao shouted. "I'll do it myself!"

Kanao, trembling with fear, slowly slid open the door just enough to peer through, her irises shrunken and beads of sweat on until ace. The room was empty.

"The coast is clear," said Kanao. "Let's go this way!" The pair of them walked into the room, holding each other's hands. "Nezuko.. you can come out now!"

Suddenly, the sound of a tsuzumi could be heard and the room rotated, making Kanao and Shoichi fall and crash through door after door. Kanao's eyes rolled to the back of her head as her and Shoichi screamed until eventually they crashed through the balcony doors and into the outside world.

Meanwhile with Nezuko and Kyogai..

Kyogai hit one of the tsuzumi and Nezuko fell to the floor. He hit the tsuzumi and the room rotated, and Nezuko fell once again. Nezuko got up and ran across the room.

I can do it! Nezuko thought. I know I can! Nezuko tripped and fell to the ground. I've got the right stuff! Nezuko could hear her bones crack as she tried to get up. Kyogai hit his tsuzumi once more. Broken bones or not, it doesn't matter! As the room rotated, Nezuko managed to successfully land safely. I can do it! She looked up at Kyogai. I can fight!

Kyogai hit his tsuzumi and Nezuko fell once again. He then hit the tsuzumi on his stomach, summoning a claw attack.

I'll show him that I'm unstoppable, no matter what he throws my way! She thought, avoiding the attack.

Kyogai hit the tsuzumi on his right shoulder, and the room rotated. He hit another one of his tsuzumi. As Kyogai continued to hit his tsuzumis, Nezuko fell to the ground each time the room rotated.

Nezuko grasped onto one of the ceiling lamps, which were now on the floor. It's no good! Nothing's changed at all! Spirit alone isn't gonna get me anywhere! Nezuko thought as she held onto the light. Your head.. use your head, not just your spirit! A claw attack then came towards her. Think! Think! Thin-

Nezuko was flown back and crashed into the wall. Behind it, was another room, but there was a long fall down. However, Nezuko fortunately grasped onto the edge of the floor before she could fall into the room.

That was way too close!

"Damn! This is infuriating!" Kyogai said angrily. "I've got to consume more marechi! There's no time to waste!"

Nezuko flipped forward and got up. The room was then flipped upside down and Nezuko fell flat on her back.

I don't even have time to stop and think! Yet another claw attack came her way but she managed to get up and avoid it. "Hey, you! What's your name?" Nezuko shouted.