TMR imagine - roses of light (partII)

Newt x Reader -Roses of Light part II

You looked over to the ivy on the wall and thought about that question for a while.

"Well...I don't know. He's the only one that doesn't treat me like a simple girl. He always knows what to say when the time is right" you were smiling at this point. "And ne NEVER, NEVER lets me give up, and he's always the cool one with everything, he never freaks out about being in this place." You looked over at Minho.
"Yeah. He does that." He said.

* * *

You were running and mapping again. You already knew the map like the back of your hand. In a couple of hours the twilight will start to sink in and you'll have to go back to the glade before the doors closed.

You kept thinking about Minho's question regarding Newt. You didn't tell him but you have a lot to thank Newt for.

One day you were suppose to map the maze with Minho, but you were so scared that you ran deep into the heart of the woods. Newt found you crawled up in a ball, crying your eyes out.
He just held you tight in his arms and let you cry as much as you wanted.

* * *

The day was over and you and Minho ran to glade like every other day. Newt was already expecting you, with a smile across his face.
You entered the glade and stopped in front of Newt with hands in your knees, catching your breath.
"So (y/n) tired of running?" Newt winked at you.
You punched his arm, smiling "I could still beat you in a run, nice and easy."
You pat his back and left to the map room.

* * *

You hated to analyze the drawings of the maze. It was always a pain in your ass to have to look at the same thing for, sometimes, 3 hours. You nedded a shower so badly.
You punched the tabled and got up. Some of the papers next to the edge flew to the floor. "I'm done. Minho can take care of this when he gets here."

* * *

The glade was really big but whatever you did you always saw Newt somewhere. This time you were waiting for the bathroom to be clear so you could take a bath. Fresh clothes and a towel in your arms. Newt came out of the bathroom, wet hair, red cheeks. He smiled at you. "Done with the maps already?" His eyes widened.
"Nah, just thought I'd take a bath. Minho can take care of the rest, too. I hope you left me enough hot water." You answered making your way to the bathroom.
"Taking a bath, hum? If you came earlier, you were have join me." He blushed a little but his voice was firm and playfull.
You just blushed and laughed a little, closing the door.

Inside was hot, and it smelled like shampoo. The mirror, broken in the edge, was still foggy. You could tell that something was written on it but you couldn't figure it out what.
A towel was on the floor and you imediatly knew it was from Newt. He always does that.
You picked it up and you were overwhelmed with a unusual but pleasent scent - not the smell from the bath - but a familiar scent. You held the towel close to your body and closed your eyes. That scent was from Newt. You felt it everytime you jumped to his back, everytime you hugged, everytime you kissed his cheek.
Your mind was lost in memories, and you body trembeling. You never realized how important Newt was to you...how he made you feel.

You dropped the towel in the homemade basket of dirty clothing and took of your clothes.

You stepped on the bathtub. The hot water relaxing the muscles in your back. All your body sore from the running. You closed your eyes and sighed.

You raised your hands to your hair and started rinsing it, your eyes still closed.

"Hum...num...num...sugar...yes please" you were mumbling a song that you didn't know you knew it.

PAF! A exploding noise startled you and you opened your eyes -Pitch black -
The lights went out. You frowned.
Your hair was full of shampoo bubbles so you rinse it clean before the water runs cold. Maybe is a general thing.
You wrapped a towel around your body and another one in your hair and got of the tub.

You tried reaching to the door with your hands in front of your body, touching everything around you.
"OUCH! God damnit you gigantic piece of klunk!" You kicked something with your little toe and it hurted like crap.
You finally reached the doornob and tried to open it. It didn't open.
"Oh, just my luck!"
You tried it again, and again, and again but it was worthless.
"Guys! Help! Please? It's dark in here!" You screamed punching the door.
After a few tries, you gave up.

"Well, migh as well get dressed, they'll end up coming here anyway."

You got dressed, not really sure if you were dressing clean clothes or those dirty ones you had on earlier.
You tried the door one more time. Pointless.
You sat on the edge of the tub staring blankly into darkness waiting for a soul to save you.

Parts of your hair were already drying when you decided to take one more shot at the door.
You tried it. The cracking sound of the door opening imediatly relieved your heart. You opened the door widly and had to shield your eyes because of the bright light from outside.
You realized that the problem wasn't general and that the light only went out in the bathroom.

Suddenly it hit you; the floor, was full of rose petals. A perfect shade of red scattered around the floor clearly forming a path. Your heart started racing and you followed the petals. You didn't care if anyone was watching you, you just kept following the petals, your heart rate increasing faster and faster.

Eventually the trail of soft petals ended. You raised your head and noticed that you were standing in the deadheads.

The only light in there was coming from candles in every corner. The shadings from the candles and the sweet smell from the roses made everything seem like a dream - even if you were standing between dead gladers, all respectfully buried. Everything was simply perfect.

In the middle of the field, Newt was standing there, leaning against the only table, a perfectly placed table. He had a wide smile.

He took a steps close to you and kissed your cheek, gently. You blushed and smile. "Only you to prepare something this perfect in such a morbid place."
"Everything just to see a smile on your face." You were so close that you were speaking softly to each other.
His right hand was on your lower back and his left hand in your arm.

"This must me a dream" you thought while biting your lower lip. You were looking deep into Newt's eyes. Deep brown eyes were staring back at you. You could swear that his eyes look even more beautiful by candle light.
His lips, red on the inside, and a soft line of pink on the outside. They were slightly open which made him look more sexy. You just wanted to feel the world in his lips and kiss them gently and passionately.
His jaw line seemed infinite with a small scar from working in the fields.

"(Y/n). We've been in this place for about a year, and ever since I saw you in the box, I can't stop thinking about you. It's like when I touch you or talk to you I forget that we live in this bloody hole. And you a lot more fun than the shanks we live with." He chuckled. His british accent always made you feel goosebumps all over your body.
"I never knew I must I liked you, until today Newt." You were even closer now. You could smell his scent, the one you felt earlier in the bathroom. Right here and right now you realized that you loved him, that you always did.

You pulled his soft, blonde hair back letting it slide between your fingers. You stopped at the back of his head.

You closed your eyes and pulled him close to you, preparing yourself for a kiss. You could feel his heart beating against your chest.
Instead of your lips touching, you bumped with your noses and you both burst into laughter.
"I knew we were going to mess up a simple kiss." You were laughing while rubbing your nose.
Newt was rubbing his too "That's why we work so great together (y/n)."
"Did you turn off the lights and locked me up in the bathroom?" You had one brow raised but were giggling.
"I only locked you inside. I can't believe you were in the dark all alone for so long!" He had his arms around his stomach and was laughing his ass out.

You punched his arm and he stopped so you placed your arms around his neck. Again you were staring deep into each others eyes and sealed the night with one tender kiss.