The beach (Maze Runner au)

RIIIING! RIIIING! RIIIIIING!

"I'm coming! I'm coming!"

Thomas screamed at the phone, like the person calling could hear him.

"Yeah?" He picked up the phone.

"Sup shuck-face? We're off to the beach? Wanna come?" Minho was on the other side.

"Hm...nah. I'm just going to stay home and play videogames." Thomas was about to press the red button.

"What do you mean 'nah'? You live like 50 meters from the beach! Don't make me come there and drag you along you shank!"

"Minho, I don-"Thomas realized he was talking to himself because Minho had already turned off the phone.

He sighed and went back to his fresh room.Outside was like 140 degrees, but Thomas was sitting on his chair, rolled up in a blanket, furiously smashing the buttons of his computer while playing Mortal Kombat.

"Son of a klunk" He screamed.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Thomas ignored it at first, but it rang again. He got up and made his way to the door. "Minho, I told you, I don't wanna go to the beach." He was growling while opening the door but his voice lowered when he saw Newt smiling at him. He smiled back.

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought I would step by and convince you to come to the beach. It's a wonderful day and you're going to be stuck here, playing bloody videogames?"Thomas turned his back to Newt, making his way back to the room.

"Yeah. I feel tired, and I'm almost unlocking a new character." Thomas room was dark, only a few straps of light were coming from the almost closed window. It also smelled like Cheetos and coke.

He sat on the bed and stretched falling backwards on it.Thomas felt a weird height on his waist and with the thin light he noticed that was Newt, his legs each side of his hips. He had a naughty grin on his face and leaned forward, only inches from Thomas's lips.

"You don't wanna go to the beach...maybe we can just stay here and make our own fun day." He was whispering.

"Maybe we can." Thomas bit Newt's lower lip and placed one hand on back of his head, pulling him to a kiss. Their lips just fitted perfect together, like two puzzle pieces. Their tongues dancing to the rhythm of their own heart beats.

Thomas grabbed Newt's shirt and slowly started pulling it upwards, rubbing his lower back.Newt's hands were on his stomach, gently making his way down, inside Thomas's shorts.They were sharing a special moment, like they were the only ones in the world.

Minho's voice was heard followed by a loud crack of a door being open "Thomas! I'm here to make you come with me to the beach, and I won't accept a no for an answer!"

Newt got up so fast that Thomas didn't know such movement was possible for a human. He got up was well and arranged the boner so it wouldn't be noticeable.

Minho entered the room, a towel in his shoulder. "I thought I told you to convince him to come to the beach, Newt!"

"Yeah, and I did! We were just...leaving!" Newt picked up a towel and threw another one to Thomas's face.

* * *

Thomas, Newt, Minho, Chuck and Teresa threw their towels on the white sand and ran to the clear water of Maryland's beach. Pieces of clothing flying everywhere.

Even though he didn't want to go, Thomas was the first one into the water. The sun made it feel warm on his skin and he dived without hesitation.

He splashed everyone and tried to drown Minho at one point.There were all having a wonderful time. They even tried to teach Chuck how to swim.

"Come on Chuck, you can do it. Just wave your arms like this and move your legs like that." Teresa was trying to explain to him. She always knew how to swim very well, like she was born in the water.He would just plash his arms and legs and wouldn't get off the place. And he'll end up swallowing tons of water.

Newt was relaxing, eyes closed, floating on the water quite far from the others. Thomas took the moment and approached him, kissing his nose. He fumbled and Thomas had to grab him before he drowned. "Bloody hell Thomas!" he laughed.

Thomas looked back and saw all the others playing, completely unaware that they were so far. He turned back at Newt. "I'm bored. And I think we left something unresolved back in my room." Thomas pulled Newt close to him.

"Thomas don't." Newt was biting his lip. "Why are you always so bugging horny?" He kissed him and swam toward the others.Again, Thomas had to arrange his boner.

*Chuck was going somewhere with the improvised swimming lessons. There were all laughing on the water. "Very good Chuck!" Teresa was applauding and laughing.

"Hehe, thanks, I think. You guys saw that? I swam like 3 feet without swallowing water!"

Newt that was already resting on the towel but he came running toward them, worried. "Guys! Where's Minho!? I can't find him anywhere!"

"What? What do you mean? Are you sure he's not pissing somewhere?" Thomas looked around.

"Yes! I got up and looked for him and can't find him!"

"Minho! MINHO where are you?!" The fun was over and they were scared looking for his friend that was nowhere to be found. The twilight was starting to sink in.

"Guys... I think he's over there, by that rock." Chuck pointed near a rock in the water, it was a little far but a black silhouette could be seen.

Thomas gulped and swam as fast as he could toward his friend. When he brought him back to the sand, he was pale and cold.

He laid him on the sand and starting pounding his chest. Tears was starting to form on his eyes.He tried hard, pounding and pounding and trying to give air back to his lungs with CPR movements. "Come on man, wake up." The atmosphere was palpable. The silence ruled in that moment.

He stopped for a few moments staring at his lifeless friend. He was fearing the worst. Teresa was crying and Newt stepped in, pounding his best friend chest one more time.

"Newt... There's no use. Stop it." Thomas pulled the other boy back.

Everything was even more silent than the silence itself.

Suddenly that sorrow was replaced with afflicted gasps coming from Minho. Water was coming out his mouth and his nose as he coughed it and let the air come back into his lungs. The others looked at him perplex, like they just saw a zombie rising from the ground.

Minho sat up, his head down. He was breathing heavily and crying.

Newt just laughed and hugged him thight. "You buggin' son of a shank! You scared the klunk out of us!" "You were dead, man." Thomas said in a whisper, still skeptical if that was real.

With his head still down, Minho put a hand on Thomas's knee. "You won't get rid of me that easily, shuck-face."

* * *

At the end of the night, they made a fire and told horror stories about people being trapped in mazes full of monsters.

They decided to sleep there, right under the stars, where in the dim light of burned out fire, Thomas and Newt shared a goodnight kiss.