Chapter 8

Jasper hugged me and sent me calming feelings until I was fully calmed down.

"Stop!" Alice yelled from the middle of the field. We all looked at her with alarm.

"What is it?" I asked them.

"They heard us playing and turned around, they are coming this way." Alice told us.

"Nomads?" I asked Jasper, and got a subtle nod in return.

We all formed a line with Edward holding Bella close to him to mask her scent. I rolled my eyes and took my jacket off handing it to her," Put this on and don't ask questions." I told her before going back to Jasper.

Before too long the three vampires were standing in front of us and we were having a staring contest with them. "Hello, I believe this belongs to you." He tosses a baseball to Carlisle.

"Thank you." Carlisle says keeping his eyes on the nomad.

"Could you use three more players?" The male asked.

"Of course, a few of us were leaving anyways." Carlisle says.

"I'm Laurent, this is Victoria and James." The male from before says.

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family. Your hunting activities have caused somewhat of a mess for us." He told Laurent.

"Our apologies we didn't realize the territory had been claimed." Laurent said.

"We maintain a permanent residence." Carlisle told him.

I kept a close eye on them as they exchanged a look of surprise.

"Really? Well we won't be a problem anymore." Laurent says.

"The humans were tracking us, but led them East so you should be safe." Victoria says.

"We'll bat first," Carlisle throws them the ball.

Victoria catches it, "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." She smirks at us.

"Oh I think we can handle that." Jasper smirked back.

I hit his chest and rolled my eyes before turning to walk away. I went back to sit on my bike when I noticed a figure looming behind me. "Can I help you?" I asked them.

"What was that about?" Jasper asked from behind me.

"You smirked at her. That smirk is supposed to be for me and me only." I told him, and before he could respond I heard Edward growl and ran over.

"You brought a snack, maybe two." James said, and before anything else could be said I shifted and growled at him.

Laurent and Victoria started to back away from me while I continued to snarl at James. I wasn't going to back down from this, if going after James is the way to hurt Victoria then so be it.

"We see that you have a shifter on your side, we will be leaving now. James let's go." Laurent said, seeming very scared.

When they left I looked to Edward, "Edward, tell Jasper that I will meet him at the edge of the woods at my house and to not alert Charlie. You need to get Bella out of here, as in the town, state, whatever it takes. James is gonna come after her or me or both." I told him.

Edward told Jasper what I said and he nodded speeding to the bike then speeding through the woods towards my house with me on his tail. We made it to the house in record time, and Jasper rushed in and got me clothes to put on. 

By the time that we made it to the door, after I got dressed, Edward and Bella pulled up and she was yelling at him to leave her alone. Charlie opened the door hearing the commotion those two were causing and looked at me, I shot him a shrug. I am just as confused as him, I said to get her out of town not cause Charlie a heart attack.

"Bella? Is everything okay? What's going on?" Charlie shot question after question at her.

"Edward, I said to leave me alone." Bella screamed.

Edward gave her a fake pained look, "Bella don't do this." He said.

"It's over." She screamed and slammed the door in his face.

"Bella?" I asked.

"I have to get out of here, I'm leaving Forks." She said running up the stairs. So now she has coordination?

Charlie and I followed after her, "Did he hurt you?" Charlie asked her.

"No, Dad." She shook her head and started grabbing things from the bathroom before going back to her room.

"Did he break up with you?" I asked her.

She gave me a look of disbelief when Charlie wasn't looking to which I shrugged at, "No, I broke up with him." She said with a scoff.

Charlie sent me a confused look, "I thought you liked him." Charlie said, confused.

"That's why I want to go home." She told him.

She came out of her room, and barreled down the stairs, "Your mother's not even home." He told her, following hot on her heels.

"She'll come home, I'll call her from the road." She said, nearing the end of the stairs.

"You can't drive now, I'll take you to the airport if that's what you want." He told her.

"I need to think, if I get tired I'll pull over at a motel, I promise." She said, grabbing her keys.

"Bells, I know I'm not around much, but that can change. We can do more together." Charlie said with a sad look on his face.

"Like watch more baseball on the flat screen? Or go to the diner every night? That's you, Dad. Not me." She told him.

"Bella!" I yell at her.

"I just got you back." He told her almost at his breaking point.

"If I don't get out now I'll be stuck here just like Beth and mom." She said going outside. I followed her out.

"Bella!" I scream at her, " That was low even for you. How dare you be so cruel to him?" I asked her in complete shock.

"He wouldn't have let me leave Beth." She said.

"You are nothing to me anymore Bella. You are not my sister, you are not my friend, and I will never forgive you for hurting him." I told her before going back inside.

"She leave?" He asked me from the couch.

"Yeah she left." I said with a sigh and sat down with him.

"Maybe she'll come back at some point." He said.

"Maybe," I pause, "This is bad timing, but I wanted to talk to you about something." I said starting to feel nervous.

"What is it? Jasper do something?" He asked me.

"No, I just wanted to know how you would feel if I started calling you dad." I told him.

He gave me a look of shock before nodding, "I would love that." He said before giving me a hug.

"There is one more thing that I need to tell you." I said getting up.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"Come outside." I told him, going to the door.

He follows me outside to the edge of the woods. I started stripping, "What the hell are you doing? Stop that!" He yelled covering his eyes.

I shook my head before thinking about everything that has made me mad the past couple of hours. Before I knew it I was on all fours and Dad had fallen backwards scared of me, making me whine and lay down in front of him.

After he grew accustomed to me and was able to pet my head, Jasper came out of the house with my clothes in his hand and nodded to the woods before giving Dad a hand up. I shifted back and put my clothes on, and walked back out to the yard.

"What the hell was that?" Dad asked me in a very confused tone.