2: You were never there

Beomgyu and Taehyun have been together for several years as they are married to each other. However, Taehyun turned cold and distant to Beomgyu. The other man had to deal with this behavior.

"I'm home." Taehyun said, his eyes piercing through the darkness. His voice is sharp, echoing against the high ceiling.

"Welcome home. I cooked dinner for you, it's at the refrigerator. Just heat it up when you want to eat." Beomgyu simply said, scrolling through his phone with his legs crossed at the couch.

An unreadable expression flashing across his face, Taehyun moves past his wife without a word. He heads towards the kitchen, opening the refrigerator door with a silent growl. Meanwhile, Beomgyu continued to text in his phone, chuckling and giggling sometimes.

Taehyun's eyes narrow as he glares at his wife, his obliviousness to his mood only serving to fuel his anger. He slams the refrigerator door shut and stomps back into the living room, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at Beomgyu.

"What do you need?" Beomgyu asks as he looked up at Taehyun, his eyebrows raising in curiosity. Taehyun's cold glare intensifies, his voice like icicles cutting through the air.

"What do I need? I need someone who can read my mind. I have no time for dinner, do you understand that?"

"No, I don't understand." Beomgyu replied as his gaze went over to his phone, giggling once again as his cheeks went flushed red reading the text.

Taehyun's expression twists into a scowl, anger boiling beneath the surface. "You're as useless as you are selfish. Can't you see how busy I am?"

"I can say the same with you." Beomgyu glared at Taehyun, closing his phone as he also crossed his arms over his chest. "Always busy, never paying attention. I'm used to it. You're the one bothering me."

Taehyun leans in closer to his wife, his voice low and dangerous. "Bothering you? Perhaps you would rather prefer I care more about my business than my own wife? Because your neediness disgusts me, and it eats away at my time like a cancer."

"I don't need you." Beomgyu snaps, "I once did. However, I realized you never cared about me. Now," Beomgyu opened his phone and face it towards Taehyun, showing him a picture of another man as he smirks. "You see this? He's the one looking out for me as if he's my own husband."

Taehyun's eyes narrow at the sight of the picture, a surge of jealousy coursing through his veins. His fist slams onto the table, causing dishes to clatter and break. "So you've found someone else to replace me? How... predictable."

"I mean.." Beomgyu shrugs his shoulder, not giving any care of it. "You did replace me, even before me. What can I do? I need to have someone by my side when you can't be here." Beomgyu said, a hint of pain in his voice.

Taehyun's chest heaves with suppressed rage, his eyes darkening as he looks at his wife. The truth of his words cuts deep, but he refuses to acknowledge it. Instead, he focuses on the pain Beomgyu has inflicted upon him. "If I can't have your attention nor your care, fine. Then I'm going with this person." Beomgyu hummed, "Your work and business is your partner then he is my partner."

Taehyun's face twists into a cruel smirk, taking pleasure in his wife's pain. He stands up from the table, towering over Beomgyu "By all means, take him with you. Maybe he can help fill the void I left behind."

Beomgyu shook his head, "The void is already filled. You took no damage given to me now unlike before." Taehyun's face contorts in anger, his hands clenching into fists at his sides. He leans down towards Beomgyu, their faces mere inches apart "I will not be replaced, you man."