Creation Myth

Long ago, two entities of light and shadow collided, creating the four elemental jewels. The jewels flew far and wide across their known plane of existence, creating the land we now call, Elvendale.

As the jewels flew above, below, and through the new land, the first life forms started emerging. As they did, the elemental jewels gained sentience and manifested new forms around them, and the elemental guardians were born. Cory the wise water turtle, Rowan the majestic fire lion, Cyclo the benevolent wind dragon, and Liska the playful earth fox. Soon after, the entities of light and shadow gained sentience and took the forms of a wolf, and a bat.

Since their initial collision, the entities have been searching for one another. During the search, the first elves rose into existence. When they did, the entities gained new elven forms. Soon after they found each other, they became the best of friends. Their names were Lumia and Noctura.

The elemental guardians sensed this union from afar and brought themselves to where they sensed it. With the help of the guardians, Lumia built a home for all of them, the Elvenstar Tree. Lumia, Noctura, and the elemental guardians had become one big family.

But as time passed, Noctura grew jealous of the guardians' friendship with Lumia, whom they saw as their mother. Feeling betrayed, she created 'friends' of her own. Shapeshifting beings we call shadow creatures. The shadow creatures caused nothing but disharmony to the surrounding land. The only being they respected, was their creator. Lumia tried to talk her out of it, but Noctura wouldn't listen. Why would she listen to someone who 'replaced' her with new friends?

Believing her old friend could never return from the damage she had brought, Lumia created the Shadow World for Noctura to reside in. The Shadow World was a dimension that existed all around Elvendale. One could only see it by passing through an ancient portal, which was the doorway to this dark realm. Lumia offered the Shadow World to Noctura as a gift, a place for her to be happy, she said. But this world was nothing more than a prison to prevent Noctura from causing chaos in Elvendale.

From the Shadow World, Noctura vowed revenge and promised she would return one day, and that death would come on swift black wings.

Although she was banished to the shadow world, many of Noctura's shadow creatures were still at large across Elvendale. What follows would include the first elves and creatures to use elemental magic, including the five sisters, who became legends. An event we call, The Shadow War.